Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Planet Waves patch leads - shite?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've got a couple of premade planet waves circuit breaker leads and I've got nothing bad to say about them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72445
    Branshen said:
    Anyone with broken planet waves cables can just ship them off to planet waves and get a replacement.
    In the middle of a gig? That's impressive.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17641
    tFB Trader
    Every time I get my pedalboard out of it's case the cable has popped out of the Strymon Flint. I've just realised this is because it's a Planet Waves one.
  • I had one of their screwfit cables, and that failed on me (and would not work even with the lead chopped back a bit), but their ordinary patch cables have never caused me a problem in 8-10 years of use.

I spent 5 1/2 hours soldering my Geistnote kit, and so far no problems in 3 months of gigging. Evidence Monorail and Switchcraft jacks btw. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Weird. I've got a bunch of their patch leads, not the solderless ones mind, and never had any problems. They're quieter and nicer to use than anything else I've had.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10536
    tFB Trader
    My longest serving lead ... probably five or six years ... is a 20ft Planet Waves switched one. Finally the switched end gave up ... but I fitted a standard jack and it soldiers on. It's totally quiet and has been abused to fuck. I have had Planet Waves patch leads on my pedal board for nearly a year ... and no problems.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message