SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Maestro 00-IR for Sale in London

dshevydshevy Frets: 1
edited September 2022 in Acoustics £
Hey All,

I am organising/ downsizing my collection as i am about to recive 2 guitars from Roger Bucknall. 

I have decided that my Maestro 00-IR is now surpluss to my needs and so i am putting it up for sale. They cost around £2,000 new (and are not easy to find in the UK) and i am looking for £900 O.N.O including the Seymour Duncan MagMic that cost around £299 new too. Kevin at Stairway to Kevin has repaired a small crack in the neck near the headstock but it is near invisible after refinishing. 

Maestro Guitars hail from Singapore and their founder has trainied with Ervin Somogyi. The 00-IR is inspired by Larson Brother guitars and is roughly the size of a Martin 000 but a few centiemeters deeper. This example has a 45mm nut width rather than the newer 44mm but otherwise the specs are identical to this: https://www.maestroguitars.com/the_product/tr-ooir4ahv-n/

I am London based but am happy to travel 1-2 hrs outside of London if needed. I would prefer not to ship guitars as i have had bad experainces in the past. Please as any questions you might have 

IMG_1554 by dshevelew, on Flickr

IMG_1555 by dshevelew, on Flickr

IMG_1556 by dshevelew, on Flickr

IMG_1557 by dshevelew, on Flickr

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dshevydshevy Frets: 1
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this 24.9" scale?  And still available?
  • It is still available and has a 640mm scale so technically it’s 25.1” scale with the odd metric to imperial conversion. 
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 754
    edited September 2022
    Interesting that, as with some classicals, the 2 E strings are hitting the sides of the cut-out on the headstock photo. The solution to this is to ensure that the strings are wound on inside the hole in the machine head when you change strings, rather than outside as in the picture.

Just a little hint for anyone who buys this lovely looking guitar!

Such a shame FB has no facility for sound samples. I would love to hear it. It really looks nice, like those old ornate Martins almost. No room/dosh/need for more instruments at present, sadly!

000-42 Modern Deluxe | Modern Deluxe Series | Martin Guitar      'ish