Guitar designer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 750
    Tannin said:
    However, @bertie, Emerald also have reasonably unobjectionable guitar-shaped guitars which can sound quite decent. (These were what I actually  linked to.) 

As for you, @DavidR all I can say is thank all the saints that Emeralds don't sound like Ovations! 

(Yes, I do understand that some people actually like the sound of Ovation guitars. I just don't understand why!)

D'accord. Don't like them either. Occasionally like them recorded amplified, but otherwise............
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Rainsong is a non-wood brand that always calls out to me.

I've never tried  one - never seen one in the flesh - but I get the strangest feeling that I'd love to own one :) 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited August 2022
    Tannin said:
    However, @bertie, Emerald also have reasonably unobjectionable guitar-shaped guitars which can sound quite decent. (These were what I actually  linked to.) 

the link in your OP takes you to a page full of horrid shaped and coloured guitars with those "double necked" ones at the bottom of the page

here's the top line.................................

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 713
    Think Furch also have a guitar speccing feature on their website where you can customise lots of elements...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5470
    Excellent. Thanks @Benm39 ;https://furchguitars.com/en/guitar-configurator/ It's a bit clunky by comparison with the Lakewood one, or even the Emerald one, but it is functional. 

And then there were three.

• Tannin said:

As for you, @DavidR all I can say is thank all the saints that Emeralds don't sound like Ovations! 

(Yes, I do understand that some people actually like the sound of Ovation guitars. I just don't understand why!)

If everybody who played an Ovation played it like Glen Campbell I dont think you'd object to it's sound so much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom