Struggling to embed pics

What's Hot
I'm having real problems embedding pics. I've read the guides here and I think I'm doing it right (although obviously I'm going wrong somewhere!)

I've spammed the test thread with picless posts. The test image I'm using is here (that's the direct link). When I click the little "attach image / file" button (next to the hyperlink button in the tool bar) the field to enter the image URL appears, I can paste the URL into it. Pressing enter at that point seems to post the whole thing, minus the link. There doesn't seem to be an OK button to commit the image URL without creating the post. 

I've tried on both Chrome and Brave (both on MacOS Monterey).

I'd attach screenshots, but y'know....  =)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744

@mart thanks for confirming that the link itself is fine. For completeness, I just tried again with Safari, and got the same result. What did you do that I'm not doing, I wonder?
    I'm on an ipad, and I clicked on your image and hovered until I could drag the image itself (with a .jpg or .jpeg extension) into a separate browser tab, and then pasted that link into my comment. Imgur makes it hard to get that direct link, but if you persist you can do it.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4545
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Here we go... 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4545
    After you paste the link into the box, try hitting space.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

You cracked it!
    @mart thank you so much. Cracked it. I'd misunderstood what "direct link" meant.