RIP Darius Danesh

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    That's very sad and so young
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15977
    A big handsome fella like that could easily had an acting career....with the right disipline and temperament

SAD
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 585
    Wow that’s sad to hear. So young but he packed a lot in to his short life. I remember watching him on Popstars back in the day and then finding out years later he married that gorgeous woman from Species. RIP. 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1571
    Pretty shocked by this at 41
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Feels weird reading that, with the same uncommon name. 
    Poor guy, very sad. Talented chap. 
    I went through years of ‘Ah like that dickhead popstar’ when meeting people for the first time. 
    No, he’s not a dickhead and yes he pronounces his name differently.
    Never understood why he got such a bad rap for being him. It was the early years of those shit pop shows, they were still honing their evil craft of editing to make someone in the show look like a dickhead. Help the haters hate. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3028
    A few things about Darius. Firstly RIP of course, from memory of Pop Idols he did have a good voice and was very driven to succeed and build a career from music, which he did.

Secondly, he was responsible for giving me and my first wife extreme fits of the giggles. From memory Darius was booted from the show by the judges and had a wild card, one last chance, to get back in. I could be wrong there but he had to choose a song and give the performance of his life. Now Darius was sort of the Alpha male amongst the others because he had great ability and confidence was never a problem for him.

He chose to sing a 'stripped back' Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney and left the judges gobsmacked.  It was truly terrible but Darius being Darius thought it was great! 

And finally, the BBC stating that Rylan Clarke had provided a 'tribute' to Darius is pushing it a bit 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62564721

RIP Darius, chased your dream, lived it and made the most of your talent. Fair play. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11798
    Shrews said:

And finally, the BBC stating that Rylan Clarke had provided a 'tribute' to Darius is pushing it a bit
    I thought so as well, so did the BBC clearly as the reference to the tribute is now gone.

RIP Darius.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited August 2022
    My son, Darius (who pronounces it correctly*, just like his namesake, by the way ;-) ) shared a TV screen with him in 2004. The big lad was a lovely chap, who behaved impeccably with all the kids on the show (ie, he didn't ignore them, he treated them better than their parents without being at all rude to their parents) and was polite, charming and funny with everyone around him.

A very sad thing to happen to someone so young. Such a shame.

In those last two photos, by the way, my Darius is standing on a chair. he was 11 at the time, and tall for his age.

That's how tall Darius Danesh was.Far king huge.

(And before anyone says anything, that is NOT a pop at what the Darius on here says about how he pronounces it - it's because when my Darius was a toddler, we were in a store in Nottingham and we called him over. A chap asked us if he'd heard right - had we really called him Darius? Yes, we said. "Well thank you for saying it correctly. I am Iranian, which used to be called Persia, and Darius was the king of Persia. So many westerners say it incorrectly. Thank you for saying it the way it should be said."
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    That’s a terribly young age. Whatever happened here, RIP fella…
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22990
    I don't know that much about him, I never watched Pop Idol (I'm not claiming to be highbrow, I did subsequently watch the X Factor for most of its far-too-long run).  But I saw him on TV a number of times and he seemed like a very nice chap.  Terrible to die so young.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Met him once ..........really nice guy ,full of personality and did very well in West End Theatre
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I remember him on the pop idol show, it was a fun programme to be honest, before most of the other singing shows (may have been first?). My wife really liked him and bought his first CD. He just seemed like a really nice guy. Sad news.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    The pronunciation thing - it's just a name, people can decide what to name their child and how to pronounce it. There is no rule book, it's OK to break with convention.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1798
    I didn't know there was more than one way to pronounce Darius.

Could anyone explain them?

Sad to hear he's dies though, that's no age at all.
  • the_jaffa said:

Da-ree-uss and Duh-rye-ass
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited August 2022
    axisus said:
    The pronunciation thing - it's just a name, people can decide what to name their child and how to pronounce it. There is no rule book, it's OK to break with convention.
    That's why I said I wasn't having a pop - I was told by an Iranian I was saying it correctly, and as Darius Danesh's dad was Iranian, that's why he pronounced it that way, too. (He added the Campbell in respect to his mum, whose maiden name was Campbell.)

Yer man earlier can pronounce it however he likes.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18851
    the_jaffa said:

Da-ree-uss and Duh-rye-ass
    And Darri-oosh. Seems there are a lot of ways to pronounce it & even more ways to phonetically express it.

RIP anyway, too young.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10256
    edited August 2022
    I pronounce it the correct way. Darius. See.

Rest in peace! 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Hootsmon said:
    A big handsome fella like that could easily had an acting career....with the right disipline and temperament

SAD
    He did 
    He had done a lot of West End Musical Theatre