SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Yamaha LL-500 MIJ 2004

What's Hot
Due to an upcoming house project, I'm putting my LL-500 up for sale.  Serial no. dates to Jan 2004 from the Japan Custom Shop.  The guitar is in fabulous condition complete with Yamaha branded Hiscox which the previous owner told me did not come as standard with these.

As per my NGD back in April when I got the guitar, this came from an ex-employee of Yamaha UK who purchased at trade cost in 2006, this and one other LL-500 were the last 2 into the UK and remained unclaimed by any of the UK dealer network who were at that time taking on the LL26 / 36 replacement models.  The previous owner held on to it until I came along this year.  I'd been aware of these models for years but had never seen one due to the rarity, so pounced on this when it came up.

As stated, it's in great nick, the neck is quite slinky, electric in feel with a very soft V profile to the lower frets.  Frets themselves are in excellent condition, there is ample saddle left, a recent tweak to the truss rod contributing to a perfect low/medium action.  Scalloped bracing, internal reinforcing strips to the sides and a full scale.  Currently strung with Martin 80/20s which are due a change.  Only issue is the internal flap pocket in the case is slightly damaged and is held together by the velour lining. 

As well as domestic projects to which the sale of this will contribute, I'm also trying my best to get down to just 2 acoustics, my LA-8 and 000-15 will serve me and my somewhat intermediate skills just fine, somebody with more sophisticated chops will make this LL-500 sing more than I ever could.

Price wise, I'm asking £1350 but really don't want to post this out.  I'm based in Cheshire but commute regularly to the Oxfordshire / Bucks area so a F2F meet up could be arranged hopefully without too much hassle.

Any questions please feel free to PM.  Only photos at present, will get more posted when I'm home later.

Thanks
Nick

2008 Martin 000-15
 2004 Yamaha LL-500
1995 Yamaha LA-8
1.jpg 461.8K
3.jpg 436.9K
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• deejay.deejay. Frets: 4
    Have PM’d you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GomersGomers Frets: 17
    2008 Martin 000-15
     2004 Yamaha LL-500
    1995 Yamaha LA-8
    7.jpg 52.6K
    5.jpg 105.6K
    8.jpg 112.9K
    10.jpg 110.6K
    9.jpg 64.8K
    6.jpg 106.3K
    2.jpg 120.9K
    4.jpg 64.9K
    1a.jpg 98.4K
    3a.jpg 125.8K
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Trying to upload pics.
    2008 Martin 000-15
     2004 Yamaha LL-500
    1995 Yamaha LA-8
  • James87James87 Frets: 3
    That is an absolute masterpiece of a guitar 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yikes that is a beauty. 
  • Had a lot of enquiries about the LL500 over the last few days which I really appreciate.

What with all the interest and possibility of being parted, I've played the Yamaha a lot over the last week and have come to the conclusion that I'd regret selling it so am withdrawing the listing.  I know I'll never find another one and it's a guitar that piqued my interest when they were launched.

I've PM'd those members who expressed an interest, as I say, I really appreciate your enquiries and apologise for the inconvenience pulling this may have caused.

Thanks
    2008 Martin 000-15
     2004 Yamaha LL-500
    1995 Yamaha LA-8
  • Mmmmm that's happened to me a few times, seller pulls the listing. Very frustrating when it happens. I always think before advertising any guitar, as I don't like disappointing others.
  • Simply wow!
  • bugileman said:
    Mmmmm that's happened to me a few times, seller pulls the listing. Very frustrating when it happens. I always think before advertising any guitar, as I don't like disappointing others.
    Neither do I, believe me the thought process pre-sale was long and drawn out.  If It wasn't for the rarity, not to mention the fab quality, it would have gone several times over.
    2008 Martin 000-15
     2004 Yamaha LL-500
    1995 Yamaha LA-8
  • So you can’t possibly be persuaded..??!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1431
    This is a lovely guitar and to sell / keep should be entirely up to you. If you want to sell, you'll know when the time is right. If you want to keep it, don't be persuaded otherwise! :+1: 
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Going to regret this for sure but just not playing it and would love it to go to someone who'll appreciate it, so..... almost 2 years since I put this up for sale on here, it's back up again at £1350.  Logistically, same as before, Cheshire based with an almost daily commute to Bicester via M6/M42/M40.

2008 Martin 000-15
     2004 Yamaha LL-500
    1995 Yamaha LA-8