Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Seriously... Line 6 really bloody cracked it....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LevLev Frets: 228
    I gigged with an M13 for quite some time and became ultimately frustrated with the 4 simultaneous effects limitation. I always wanted to have a solo boost in position 1 so I couldn't really have much else there and I always play with a little bit of delay so that left me with 2 positions for distortion, mods, filters, harmonizer, reverb etc. I just kept running out of slots for a full gig. As a result I ended up using in conjunction with other stomp boxes and the foot print just became too much.

I agree that there are some great sounds in there that I miss, I may get an M5 just to have effects like the Octoverb, & Barber Pole Phaser again
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Had an M13 for a bit. The feature set really can't be beaten, they're very cleverly designed bits of kit. The actual sound frustrated me though, as it always felt a bit flat and muddy even vs the same models on the DL/DM series stomp modellers.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I miss the dim coloured footswitches, that was cool.

I never got on with the delay sounds though, sounded a bit thin to me, save analog w/mod which is amazing.
  • The Octoverb effect alone is worth the money for a used M5.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Liking my M5 at the moment. It's used for modulations only and I don't tend to mess with it too much. Wouldn't mind getting an expression pedal for it to see what it can do!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited September 2014
    I've had all 3 units with the M13 for the longest but now all sold! I tried a Mooer phaser and Flanger and loved the difference! I have a love hate relationship with Line 6 stuff but I like gear where I spend more time playing and less time twiddling knobs and downloading shite on my laptop. My OCD liked the tidyness of the M13 with no messy cables etc but individual pedals are winning for me at present...until the next new effects unit turns my head!!
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    I like the M5 too. The only thing I don't like about it is only having 24 user presets. Sureley it would have been just as easy to make it 128 saveable patches.....
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I like the M5, I don't mind there only being 24 presets but I do mind there being no editor I can unload and load the sysex with and test.

...and the Line6 monkey looks like Jimmy Carr... which is creepy.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Jimmy Carr

Line6 Monkey

The solution:

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Lev said:
    I gigged with an M13 for quite some time and became ultimately frustrated with the 4 simultaneous effects limitation. I always wanted to have a solo boost in position 1 so I couldn't really have much else there and I always play with a little bit of delay so that left me with 2 positions for distortion, mods, filters, harmonizer, reverb etc. I just kept running out of slots for a full gig. As a result I ended up using in conjunction with other stomp boxes and the foot print just became too much.

Oddly enough, about the same reason I got rid of mine
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Don't be so hard on yourself, the pictures are different sizes, doesn't make it as easy to see.

If you're going to beat yourself up about anything, let it be for posting a big picture of Jimmy Carr - he reminds me of a particularly opinionated sales woman ffrom a charity I did some work for ... ugh! .. and of course the Line6 monkey - which looks far too emotional for a product that does next to fuck all. ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?