SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Vintage V1004 bass with hardcase

thefezthefez Frets: 131
Selling as I'm just not a bass player and there's no point it going unused. 

In good condition with a few small scratches a some very small dings from general use. Black mark on the underside of the headstock. Comes with the hard case.

As far as I can tell, these are the specs:

Construction Mahogany wings with quilted maple top glued onto a 5-ply nato/maple through neck. Rosewood fingerboard with 24 medium nickel frets. Neck pick-up - Wilkinson WJBE900 single coil Bridge pick-up - Wilkinson WSME4 double coil Wilkinson WJB150 tuners and adjustable bridge. Chrome Hardware throughout. Finish - Cherry sunburst, quilted maple. Scale length - 864mm Neck width - 42mm, 12th fret 55.5mm Depth of neck - 1st fret - 22mm, 9th fret - 24mm String spacing - Nut - 12mm, Bridge - 20mm

£150. Pickup in Newport/Cardiff.  

Could possible arrange a courier but no idea how much that costs. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thefezthefez Frets: 131
    bump
    bump

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14442
    edited October 2022
    The V1004 is, indeed, of through neck construction. The triangle of maple showing beyond the fingerboard on the front of your bass guitar indicates that it must have a detachable screwed-on neck. That modern MM/SJ model design appears to be discontinued, making it difficult to identify accurately via the JHS website.

The black mark on the headstock is probably perishing rubber from a wall hanger. It should polish off easily enough.

What brand is the case?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    The V1004 is, indeed, of through neck construction. The triangle of maple showing beyond the fingerboard on the front of your bass guitar indicates that it must have a detachable screwed-on neck. That modern MM/SJ model design appears to be discontinued, making it difficult to identify accurately via the JHS website.

The black mark on the headstock is probably perishing rubber from a wall hanger. It should polish off easily enough.

What brand is the case?
    I could be completely mistaken. The coworker I bought it off had no info about what it was so I googled for a while and this was the best I found on a sale elsewhere (info copied directly), and seemed to have the same neck as I have.

I'm welcome to be corrected if I'm wrong. Will have to pull out the case later
  • daws0ndaws0n Frets: 0
    Is this still for sale by any chance?