Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Why do pink guitars sound better than turquoise guitars..

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    Gassage said:
     If ever you do, first dibs here pls.
    OK, noted.... but it'll be a bit more than that £600 I'm afraid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Philly_Q said:
    Gassage said:
     If ever you do, first dibs here pls.
    OK, noted.... but it'll be a bit more than that £600 I'm afraid.
    That was a collection and ethical disposal price...now if you want a playing price....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    Would a playing price be more, or less?

(Not entering negotiations here, it really isn't for sale.  Just chattin'.  :P )
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    More of course!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Ahem

Paisley Telecaster
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Red is for Hank Marvin, do you need any more to discredit the colour?
    One nail. One head. One direct hit.
    The opposite. Word has it that Hank turned more people on to playing guitar than Jimi. Hank is the one reason I'd tolerate a red Strat instead of natural wood or sunburst.
    Well, when I was a kid in the late 60s, early 70s, Hank was about as cool as the Mojave Desert at noon. Not disputing what you say about him turning lots of kids onto guitars, but to me a red Strat comes out of a Kays catalogue for 1/6 a week for 8,652 weeks.* To me and many others I knew who were into music at school, a bright red Strat is a plastic toy with a screen printed autograph and 4 nylon strings you couldn't actually tune.

*Deliberate exaggeration, before anyone works it out (£642 3s over 166 years, I believe, though I could be wrong).
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Red is for Hank Marvin, do you need any more to discredit the colour?
    The opposite. Word has it that Hank turned more people on to playing guitar than Jimi. Hank is the one reason I'd tolerate a red Strat instead of natural wood or sunburst.
    Well, when I was a kid in the late 60s, early 70s, Hank was about as cool as the Mojave Desert at noon. Not disputing what you say about him turning lots of kids onto guitars, but to me a red Strat comes out of a Kays catalogue for 1/6 a week for 8,652 weeks.* To me and many others I knew who were into music at school, a bright red Strat is a plastic toy with a screen printed autograph and 4 nylon strings you couldn't actually tune.

*Deliberate exaggeration, before anyone works it out (£642 3s over 166 years, I believe, though I could be wrong).
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Gassage said:

rossi said:
    Red is for Hank Marvin, do you need any more to discredit the colour?
    This is so true .We all started with Hank ,Duanne Eddy and Bert Weedon .Then we moved on but few others have had such an impact ,at least in the UK.
    Three guitar players that cite Hank as their main influence are Gilmour, Knopfler and Clapton.

That kinda says a lot.
    Well when I was growing up, Hank was about as cool as the Mojave Desert at noon. To me and many others at school I knew who were into music, a bright red Strat is a plastic toy from a Kays catalogue with a screen printed autograph and 4 (not even 6) strings you couldn't actually tune.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    dogload said:
    Especially if they are pink paisley... :)
    You are clearly a man of taste, sir..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I`m with Mr mapp on this one, Black or white guitars should be burn----- No, shouldn`t even be made, the only thing worse than a black or white guitar is an artificially aged guitar.
    If you can`t age it yourself, don`t fake it, IMHO of course  ;)
  • Pink and turquoise? Who cares about the sound when they look that hideous?! :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Stop looking at yourselves in the mirror with them and play the bloody things! They ALL sound shit if I'm playing it though :D
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Gassage said:

rossi said:
    Red is for Hank Marvin, do you need any more to discredit the colour?
    This is so true .We all started with Hank ,Duanne Eddy and Bert Weedon .Then we moved on but few others have had such an impact ,at least in the UK.
    Three guitar players that cite Hank as their main influence are Gilmour, Knopfler and Clapton.

That kinda says a lot.

This.

I think Hank is perhaps the most under rated guitarist.

Whilst I cannot stand Hendrix I still have to acknowledge his talent.