Lindsey Buckingham

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• soma1975 said:
    I think Lindsey is one of the greatest guitarists the world has ever seen. Probably top 5 or at least top 10 for me. 

But he's not as good a guitarist as Stevie Nicks is a singer and frontperson and the public (and band) agree.

Nobody cares about what he comes up with now. They just want the hits and those parts have already been written and can be copied. NOBODY sounds/is like Stevie Nicks and if she can't be fucked with putting up with his bullshit he is gone. 
    Sex (appeal) sells.
    Its the only reason I ever get into any bands
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was watching sting do a live version of blackstar, and his thumb was going twenty to the dozen, fuck knows what he was doing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    edited November 2022
    @stufisher - I learned this during the lockdown in 2020. (This and a guitar arrangement of the prelude from the first Bach cello suite - I've always played with a pick and thought I'd try some fingerstyle stuff.) It took me a few months to get it right and I still can't sing the chorus while playing it. The solo bit that LB plays these days is really fun to play. The main thing is just endless repetition and programming it into your right hand until it starts doing it automatically. There's also a nasty left-hand chord position shift/stretch in the bit between the lines in the verse. And some nasty syncopated picking in the chorus. But it's totally doable from a standing start with a bit of patience. I don't recommend doing it in a pandemic lockdown, though, because your family may start wanting to kill you. I used this guy's video lesson because I find it impossible to deduce phrasing/rhythms from tab: https://www.jerrysguitarbar.com/guitar-video-lessons/individual-songs/fleetwood-mac-never-going-back-again/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    I think Lindsey is one of the greatest guitarists the world has ever seen. Probably top 5 or at least top 10 for me. 

But he's not as good a guitarist as Stevie Nicks is a singer and frontperson and the public (and band) agree.

Nobody cares about what he comes up with now. They just want the hits and those parts have already been written and can be copied. NOBODY sounds/is like Stevie Nicks and if she can't be fucked with putting up with his bullshit he is gone. 
    Sex (appeal) sells.
    Its the only reason I ever get into any bands
    Its another of the many reasons I dont!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom