Breedlove

What's Hot
Short and sweet... 
These any good? Tried a high end one and played like butter, deep bass & rich tones. It was on par with a Larrivee OM40 I tried. Maybe sounded less "acoustic" than the Larrivee but not necessarily worse. Was a joy to play tbh .. they're new to me. Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Benm39Benm39 Frets: 718
    Never played or seen one personally but they appear to be held in good regard.  If it sounds good it is good etc...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just saw there is a builder called "cuntz" guitars!?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The genuine US made ones are really lovely guitars, and I've played a few stand out ones, including one of their OOO revival series. They used to fit a bridge doctor as standard, which seemed to be controversial to some, but I don't know if they still do.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3670
    edited September 2022
    I've had my Korean built AC25/SM for 17 years now and I've never felt the urge to change it (caveat - I don't play too much acoustic guitar).  At the time of buying I tried an American built one which was superb but out of my price range.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5549
    I tried one and really liked it. It had a narrower neck than other acoustics (so suited to electric players) and had a sound hole on the top facing edge of the body to let you hear better.
    Ultimately I bought another guitar entirely but I was still impressed with it.
  • I just read it was actually an electro acoustic lol but was great, American built. Was a good shop. I went to another shop shortly after in which they said the guitar I was trying would sell fast and prices are only going up so I might want to put a deposit down... I left that shop very quickly. I'm not a novice and not an idiot.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 244
    edited September 2022
    The mid range ones I tried were bright and not to my taste - but then I don't like any Taylors I've tried.

If it floats your boat, go for it. They are well regards instruments.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 754
    FWIW here's the last review in The Guitarist from March 2021 of a Breedlove I read. I have never played one. Review says a bit about Breedlove as a maker so I hope it helps. The Guitarist hardly ever gives a bad review. They're either good or glowing. This is nice. I think perhaps they don't review the acoustics they don't like.

Breedlove Premier Concertina CE review | Guitar World

• TanninTannin Frets: 5526
    In the US, Breedlove is widely regarded as an excellent maker.

Lately they have taken to fiddling around on co-production with a Chinese maker. This has led to a good deal of confusion in the market and risks spoiling their brand recognition. (Compare with, for example, Gibson, who had the sense to keep the "Gibson" brand intact and use their "Epiphone" label on the Indonesian products.)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    On the Larrive comparison, the Breedlove probably sounds as good as it will get, but the Larry will only get better over time.

I love my mahogany Breedlove OM25 - got is as a s/h bargain from here - it's my go to beater guitar.

The Breedloves with the Ming-The-Merciless ( (C) @bertie ) bridges divide opinion on the esthetics.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom