Favorite OTT effects

hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
I've realised recently I'm not really a fun of "subtle" effects. Too many times I've taken something to a gig, stepped on it and thought "that made so little appreciable difference to this show I may not have bothered"

So I want to hear about your favorite stupid, obnoxious and head turning effects.

Personally I'm a fan of line 6s frequency shift which you can hear at the start here  (might be the ring mod actually) I used to use it in my old band for shrieking muse-type solos.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BOSS Tera Echo
    Ibanez Smashbox
    ZVEX Fuzz factory
    Mr Black Downward Spiral
    Mr Black Gilamondo
    Langtronics Bone Collector
    EQD Rainbow Machine
    Line 6 FM4
    Digitech Whammy
    Lovetone Ring stinger
    Lovetone Meatball
    Digitech Synth Wah

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    Pretty much most of mine…

ZVex Fuzz Factory - inoffensive-looking box, such sonic mayhem!
    DOD FX25 Envelope Filter - the resonant boom when the filter frequency turns round at the bottom end is great.
    Boss Distortion-Feedbacker - feedback, drones, ring-modulator noises…
    Boss Octaver - fat monosynth lead tones and Dr. Who noises, hazardous to weaker amps and speakers.
    Frantone Cream Puff - pretty and pink, and about as girly as an angry female elephant.
    Boss DM-2 Delay- self-oscillation generator you can play solos with.
    Boss BF-2 Flanger - jet plane noises, sitar sounds, seasickness.

Sadly I sold my rackmount resonant filter as it was too tricky to use well live and also had a tendency to try to destroy speakers. It did make my guitar sound wonderfully like a trance keyboard part though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I'd love a Meatball.
  • I need an m5 with expression pedal - that tremolo effect is what I want!
  • Also, 3:52 - tremolo with a stepped wah.  YES!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader
    EHX B9 just for the people trying to work out who's playing the organ.
  • The Boss BF-2 also does a fabulous steel drum impression.