SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: John Hullah OM/00 acoustic guitar (ex Fylde) -reduced

domforrdomforr Frets: 326
edited January 2023 in Acoustics £
Wonderful shorter scale (roughly 24 inch) OM/00 acoustic guitar by ex-Fylde luthier John Hullah. Made in 1984 with a solid cedar top and solid mahogany back and sides, it has a wonderful tone and playability. Fretboard has been cleaned and oiled and restrung with new John Pearse 12's. In standard tuning but also sounds great in DADGAD.

The neck is straight and the guitar is structurally sound, with a pick up installed (probably Fishman, but not 100% sure). The guitar is nearly 40 years old so there is some cosmetic wear to the soundboard, as you'd expect with a cedar topped guitar of this age.

The sound is warm and clear and it's a joy to play. The best acoustic I've ever owned or played by some distance.

The guitar has a zero fret - something that all Fylde guitars also have. The zero fret really helps the intonation and stops some of that weird tuning instability you can get on guitar G strings.

The action is low - 0.080 inches on the low E and 0.060 on the high E at the 12th fret, so it's very playable with excellent intonation across the frets.

Comes with a Hiscox standard acoustic hard case.

Price £1600 - £1450

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    bump
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    that is lovely, there is something wonderfully understated about its simplicity, no bling or anything. GLWS. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Thanks mate. Totally agree - simple lines and design when done well is a winner
  • I can’t see the images for some reason…
    Strange - working fine for me. Anyone else having issues?
    bump
    bump