New guitar day Washburn wd20s

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    @Tannin ; I'm not sure about that me old mate :) 

Sure, I can see the reasoning, but let's say that guitar is mine. It's all solid and I got it for £20.what a bargain!

I think I'd be inclined to want to make it sound better, if I could. But that's just reckless me =) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    The headstock alone is worth £20, let alone a spruce top. Don't wash it or burn it and you'll be ok!

*grabs coat*
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    DrJazzTap said:

Yeah my bad, the plastic bit. Only 2mm or so.
    It's hard to see in the photo, but it looks like the saddle was about 4-5mm above the bridge! I'm not surprised you needed to take 2mm - normally a huge amount - off it.

No matter, it was an enormous bargain - if it's any kind of half-decent case you bought that and the guitar was basically free with it :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_Mc said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    Sorry for some reason I was having an issue uploading photos.

Wow that actually looks pretty nice! Again, for £20...

ICBM said:
    DrJazzTap said:

Yeah my bad, the plastic bit. Only 2mm or so.
    It's hard to see in the photo, but it looks like the saddle was about 4-5mm above the bridge! I'm not surprised you needed to take 2mm - normally a huge amount - off it.

No matter, it was an enormous bargain - if it's any kind of half-decent case you bought that and the guitar was basically free with it .
    Yeah the action was miles off of the fretboard. I adjusted the truss rod as much as I was comfortable with, and inline with a typical acoustic. 

I will say I pounced on the ad, I half expected it to be a typo. For the seller to come back with £120 for example. She clearly wanted it gone ASAP! 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 234
    Bloody hell, a set of Elixir strings is £19.99 on Stringbusters .
    I pay 20 quid to change a set of strings, YOU change the guitar and case!! Jammy git.  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited September 2022
    DrJazzTap said:
    Yeah its not too shabby. The case is pretty decent as well. I need to get some penetrating oil into some of the machine heads as some of them were very stiff. Still had the plastic covers on the machine heads!
    I was wondering what you meant by "plastic covers", but I guess you mean the clear film, like what you get on pickguards and pickups?

It does look like a pretty decent guitar, that's for sure. Judging by that link @DavidR posted you could add a nought onto the end of the price and still be doing alright...
    Tannin said:
    Instead, change the strings. For your £20, if we include the £8 for postage, you could get half a set of these! 

https://www.thomann.de/gb/martin_guitars_mtcn160_titanium_strings.htm

Are you any good at playing a 3-string?

Yeah I was thinking there can't be many guitars where you're worried that a restring is worth more than the guitar!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Absolute steal! 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom