Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Greatest concert opening ever??

What's Hot
alanohaganalanohagan Frets: 120
Pretty sure I got this idea from a Rick Beato vid but dang this gets my vote all day long
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It goes back a bit, but for me, the lat few minutes of The Firebird Suite over the PA. As the final chord is played by the orchestra, Rick takes over on the Mellotron and moves the music into the correct key for the band to kick in to Siberian Khatru. Job done! (Yessongs). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • First one that sprung to mind for me was this....

Second one that springs to mind is probably...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited October 2022
    https://youtu.be/GWM5EBtxwNA

Not as epic as Metallica or Queen, but Yngwie is on fire. First guitar windmill of many at 1:17
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited October 2022
    And of course, The Cult’s best ever live performance, opening with their best ever song. Atmospheric and mesmerising. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Also, does this count?

https://youtu.be/cZnBNuqqz5g
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5458
    Any answer that isn't the Who is wrong. Next question please.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @Dontgiveupyourdayjob the Nirvana at Reading entrance is dark as fuck. It's spooky how stark the stage is. I wonder why that was
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7269
    I don't know if this was the concert opening or just the opening of that particular song, but I think it's one of the best I've seen.  Shania Twain in Las Vegas 2014 - Man I Feel Like A Woman.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • First one that sprung to mind for me was this....

Second one that springs to mind is probably...

I came here to say the fast version of We Will Rock You, but it has to be One Vision, doesn’t it?

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    BillDL said:
    I don't know if this was the concert opening or just the opening of that particular song, but I think it's one of the best I've seen.  Shania Twain in Las Vegas 2014 - Man I Feel Like A Woman.

That was good until she appeared.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Pretty sure I got this idea from a Rick Beato vid but dang this gets my vote all day long
    I like the American flags there!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    That Metallica in the OP, bloody hell it looks scary going out to play to a crowd like that!
  • prowla said:
    BillDL said:

That was good until she appeared.

Beg to differ but then again I find Ms Twain very easy on the eye
  • Iron Maiden - Aces High?

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556

• idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 470
    It's a bit cliched now, but Elvis coming on to Also Sprach Zarathustra works for me

• idiotwind said:
    It's a bit cliched now, but Elvis coming on to Also Sprach Zarathustra works for me

Not cliched at all - gotta love the King
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 630
    God, The Ecstasy of Gold is so, so good.

Different atmosphere, obviously, but I really liked EoG into Call of Ktulu from the S&M shows.

A personal one was Springsteen at the O2 right before Christmas (we got Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town to close) in 2007 – back when he could still write a roof-raiser and Clarence was still around.

I'd left the new record unopened on my desk for a couple of months, thinking it would be fun to hear the songs for the first time at the show.

Had left it late (relatively speaking) to book, so I was perched on a seat in the super-steep nosebleed section in pitch darkness – like sitting in outer space. 15,000 people below me Bruuuuuuuuuceing before the stage lights flashed up and the band ripped into Radio Nowhere. Sound was fantastic. Got a little teary-eyed.