Public Service Broadcasting

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
Save Public Servixe Broadcasting at Warwick Arts Center yesterday, supported by Pale Blue Eyes. 

Pale Blue Eyes were great, though some of the songs did sound a bit samey. Otherwise great, you can hear the Belvet Underground influence in their music. 

Public Service Broadcasting were stunning. Fantastic effortless performance, awesome visuals, great brass section, and some fabulous guitar playing from J Wilgoose. He played several nice guitars, including a tele, Strat, Rickenbacker, Gretsch and a stunning looking white Fidelity guitar, bit like a squared off Jazzmaster with Goldfoil pickups. 

One of the best gigs I’ve been to in the last ten years.  

Will be keeping my eyes on the classifieds ;)

Marlin

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    edited October 2022
    Saw them on the Race For Space tour and the blew me away. Up there with the best gigs ever for me, fantastic musicianship and great stage set and never a dull moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    DiscoStu said:
    Saw them on the Race For Space tour and the blew me away. Up there with the best gigs ever for me, fantastic musicianship and great stage set and never a dull moment.
    Couldn’t agree more.  

This gig and Osees (OCS,Thee Oh Seas - ever change name) live at Cambridge are two of the best gigs I’ve seen in the last ten of twenty year.  The music scene is really vibrant at the moment, some great bands about. 

Gigs up next, The Damned (original 1977 lineup), Jessca Hoop, and Weyes Blood. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw them this year at a festival unfortunately one screen not working still an amazing experience but don't think I could listen to them without the visuals
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    PSB (no, not that PSB) are one of the best live acts in the world, IMO. Putting the 'art' into art rock for sure. I saw the first leg of the Bright Magic tour almost a year ago now and it was outstanding.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom