SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Atkin - 000-37S, L36 Custom

What's Hot
MSedgMSedg Frets: 117
edited October 2022 in Acoustics £
Hi all,

I’m putting two excellent Atkins up for sale. £2250 (each!) net to me. I’ve got a third small body Atkin which gets nearly all my playing time, but I don’t have a great rosewood dreadnought - so my plan is to sell these and buy one (then hope that I stop buying new gear). If you can help me along by swapping a great dread for one of these, then I’d be happy with that - so let me hear what you’ve got. These are both on other sites so apologies for rehashing adverts.

First up (and my first Atkin) - my 000-37S. This is a 12 fret to body model, with a slotted headstock, rosewood back and sides model, torrified sitka top, with a nice round c-shape neck and a 1 3/4" nut width. It's in the aged natural finish (with some lacquer crazing and ageing toner as you can see, for that worn-in look). It sounds great, as you'd expect from a renowned luthier modelling after a 30s Martin. It's perfect for finger style, but because of the slightly larger upper bout it can really put out some volume when strummed.

It's been played but not gigged. The biggest ding, as shown in pics, was a couple of small dent/scratches from coming together with a case latch. There are also some pick scrapes and other playwear. OHSC included.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XjTr9pjYwuc8Q6vb7

Second - one-off Atkin L-36 - aged natural finish, unique headstock, styled after a Kalamazoo Oriole but so much more playable (and X-braced). Sounds absolutely phenomenal. Torrified Sitka top, maple back and sides, ebony nut, bone saddle. Just a great guitar which I wouldn’t sell if I could possibly avoid it. Comes with original hard case. Better pics are on Atkin’s instagram page. One slight ding on upper bout (pictured) but hardly noticeable given aged finish.  

OHSC included.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PV8TTZByYaMeBfg29

Any question please do let me know. Ideally pickup from Bishops Stortford, Herts - but may be able to travel. Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MSedgMSedg Frets: 117
    Bomp!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely guitars! Just wondering, which small body Atkin you decided to keep over these two? 
    OM-37 - Macassar ebony B&S. Lovely thing. And it’s no reflection on these two - they’re still great guitars, the OM’s just got something I’ve not come across anywhere else.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just bumped to say - these are off to be traded in on Friday - so if you’re sitting at home pondering, now is your chance!