Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Good first Fender amp?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• @ICBM there were a couple from a seller on eBay the last time I looked - listed at quite high prices...maybe they're worth it ? Think about £1500 was the asking...
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    I'm not a fan of the Blues Deluxe- the volume taper thing is utterly crackers and ruins a decent amp . It tends also to be very ice picky when around 4 on volume. That ice pick thing is really noticeable at those volumes and is on off, no graduation. I do agree re Blues jr though, and also would say the Princeton is amazing. For other options, CORNELL Romanys are often 500 on fleabay and they're great things. If I had 500 to spend I'd be putting silly offers in on Silver Face TRs Ultralinears- they might be behemoth in terms of power output but they'll chug along at low MV volumes and sound heavenly. You should get one with stock speakers but not the fabled JBLs for that 500-600 quid.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72427
    FreddieVanHalen said:
    @ICBM there were a couple from a seller on eBay the last time I looked - listed at quite high prices...maybe they're worth it ? Think about £1500 was the asking...
    That sounds far too high.

I bought and sold mine for £750 a few years apart. I could see them having gone up a bit, but I don't think they should have doubled.

If they have, I'm even more sad to have sold it!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Just done some looking and there are amps for sale in the USA for around the 700 mark so think your estimate is reasonable ICBM. Perhaps the eBay seller has been instructed to sell them by the long suffering and is not trying that hard :-)

Does the blue angel stay super clean?
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/