SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold : Eventide DSP4000 Ultra Harmonizer - £1,300

What's Hot
NeilSmith83NeilSmith83 Frets: 51
edited December 2022 in Studio & Rec £
Eventide DSP4000, in excellent condition. Buttons and jog wheel all working smoothly, display is nice and bright. I'm trying to fund a guitar so I'm very reluctantly putting this up for sale. I'm sure I'll end up buying an old Eventide rack again in future though, they're so good. There's just a depth I don't hear in plugins, and the modular environment it offers in which to create effects this quality from the ground up is nuts.

Happy to pack this up very securely and post if needed.
Looking for £1,500. £1,400 £1,300

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTT
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Holy fuckballs thats cool - paging Jonathan @FelineGuitars...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    Some serious fridge there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11597
    tFB Trader
    Holy fuckballs thats cool - paging Jonathan @FelineGuitars...
    Bizarrely, I’ve never been that smitten with harmonisers. Certainly I never liked the micro pitch shift that became a trend after about 1984.
    I know Van Halen and John Sykes were majorly into it, but to me, it just sounded sloppy, less direct.
    However, if you want a harmoniser, the Eventide is the one to go for.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• NeilSmith83NeilSmith83 Frets: 51
    edited December 2022
    Yep, a big box Eventide is arguably the best of the harmonisers, although they're capable of a LOT more than that; it's a complex multi-effects environment full of reverbs (the Blackhole algorithm started in the DSP4000), multitap delays, Leslie simulation, chorus, even distortion etc. etc., and you can build your own effects or chains of them up from basic building blocks either in the unit or by using Vsig. The DSP4000 was the first of them to incorporate Vsig but it's also the one that came right after the H3000 and is a little bit nearer in character to it relative to the later models (although much more powerful than an H3000); it was designed by the same people who did the H3000 (before leaving Eventide), it's got more analogue circuitry in it than the later ones and runs at 18 bits. It's full of character for sure.

Not suggesting you didn't know that Jonathan, but just wanted to make sure any potential buyer is aware of some of what it's capable of. Cheers!

Edit: There are a few of the stock presets being shown here, although it can do a ton more than this:

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    The H3000 is all over Siamese Dream, guitar and vocals
  • It is, and both the H3000 and the DSP4000 are all over Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Awesome stuff. =)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    Discovered from a YouTube channel that the drum sound on Low is the snare pitch shifted through an eventide.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold