Some Allan Holdsworth type of thing

A little jam on Devil take the Hindermost backing ... track trying to coax out some inner Holdsworth...ish ideas

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Nice playing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Bloody hell
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    edited October 2022
    Nice playing
    Thanks mate :)
    roberty said:
    Bloody hell
    Thanks mate ...I think :D
  • Terrifying! 

Superb!
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • Lovely timing and fluidity Barney 
    Terrifying! 

Superb!
    Lovely timing and fluidity Barney 
    Thanks for listening :)
  • Barney said:
    A little jam on Devil take the Hindermost backing ... track trying to coax out some inner Holdsworth...ish ideas

Love it 
  • Barney said:
    A little jam on Devil take the Hindermost backing ... track trying to coax out some inner Holdsworth...ish ideas...
    I think you succeeded! ;)
    Barney said:

Love it 
    Barney said:
    A little jam on Devil take the Hindermost backing ... track trying to coax out some inner Holdsworth...ish ideas...
    I think you succeeded! ;)
    He's like out of this world to me when I here him play ....just totally on his own :)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Watched this a few days ago, been meaning to comment - great great playing and so smoothly done!  =)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I like Holdsworth's sound and playing (but I have no clue what he is doing!). That was 100% the same vibe, loved it! Very fluid, very cool. 

So what are you doing here? Playing with a particular scale/mode? I'm clueless on theory but I love the sound of the notes.

I'm amazed at people who's left hand works like that, all four fingers in perfect useful union. Most of my ham fisted playing revolves around two fingers, and some bit part playing from the others. 

Seriously though, invest in a better camera!
    Watched this a few days ago, been meaning to comment - great great playing and so smoothly done!  =)
    Thanks very much mate :)
    axisus said:
    I like Holdsworth's sound and playing (but I have no clue what he is doing!). That was 100% the same vibe, loved it! Very fluid, very cool. 

So what are you doing here? Playing with a particular scale/mode? I'm clueless on theory but I love the sound of the notes.

I'm amazed at people who's left hand works like that, all four fingers in perfect useful union. Most of my ham fisted playing revolves around two fingers, and some bit part playing from the others. 

Most of it is legato so minimal picking ....not really any scales as such in most of it but just using ideas scale type ideas moved up and down the neck so they will go out of key and hopefully make good resolution somewhere .....so playing inside then outside then back inside iff that makes sense using random notes ....

Iff you like the outside type of thing a good way I think is start with pentatonics say A minor fret 5 and start Aminor then Move to Bb then back to A over a backing track .....it's not as easy as just doing that though because you have to do it convincingly and musically 

I found a good way to do that is work on one string at a time so you will only be using 4 notes so practice going from inside to outside back in using a Aminor backing track ...this can be done on all strings so when you get the top E right work on the B string ..  then work on them both together ect ....hope it makes sense :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Barney said:
    axisus said:

Most of it is legato so minimal picking ....not really any scales as such in most of it but just using ideas scale type ideas moved up and down the neck so they will go out of key and hopefully make good resolution somewhere .....so playing inside then outside then back inside iff that makes sense using random notes ....

Iff you like the outside type of thing a good way I think is start with pentatonics say A minor fret 5 and start Aminor then Move to Bb then back to A over a backing track .....it's not as easy as just doing that though because you have to do it convincingly and musically 

I found a good way to do that is work on one string at a time so you will only be using 4 notes so practice going from inside to outside back in using a Aminor backing track ...this can be done on all strings so when you get the top E right work on the B string ..  then work on them both together ect ....hope it makes sense :)
    Sounds intriguing! I shall attempt, but I don't think I will hear anything that works!
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1817
    Great playing. No idea what's going on but respect for da skillz.

Would love to hear how surreal that approach is over this month's SOTM track
    Great playing. No idea what's going on but respect for da skillz.

Would love to hear how surreal that approach is over this month's SOTM track

ok ...will have go now and try and add some :)