Any Patrick Eggle owners out there?

ParkerParker Frets: 960

I am a long-standing lover of the early Eggles. Of course I am a member of the PEG forum, but wondered how many PE owners there are on this board? I've owned pretty much every early Eggle model going, but currently just reside with an LA Pro II which is currently my number 1 gigging guitar (although it is on Ebay for a high sum - a ploy to not have to sell it, but it appeases the Mrs!).

Tell me of your ownership!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got a Milan IV bass in natural finish.  I think it is a 94.  Mine looks like all ash, it doesn't have a maple top.  The neck is pretty small for a bass!
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I like the Milan. I also quite liked the short-lived NY bass.
  • I have a New York, packed away in its case and available should my daughter want to take up playing. They are quite dinky so ideal for beginners.

It's a pretty and unique little guitar in as much as it's not really a copy of anything else.

I've had a few NY's but only got the one mentioned above left.

I'd like to try the Berlin one day...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Got a pre-tiggle new york pro and a tiggle vienna (the semi-hollow one). Like them a lot.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Used to have a Vienna. fabulous tone but the neck was not wide enough.
  • I also used to own a Vienna with a pair of Kent Armstrong humbuckers. Lovely guitar.
  • Have a Berlin Pro built in Feb 1992. Have had it customised with a Levinson Blade VSC active added, switching adapted to allow for great choice of single coil and humbucking options and repalced the locking trem with a standard strat trem. Really great and versatile guitar, with a fantastic neck and to cap it all, had it signed by the great Bill Nleson about three years ago
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    I had an LA thing which was lovely. There's one of those small bodied dodgy looking ones in a local shop for £399 they'd probably barter too.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I had a lovely green Vienna Pro for years. Sold it in the end, but if I was rich and with loads of space I'd definitely have kept it. It was a very good guitar indeed.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I have a 1993 Berlin Pro and a 1993 New York Standard. The NY is my go-to guitar, I love the fast neck and the capacity for behind-the-nut and behind-(or before-?)the-bridge bends, which make it play a bit like Eddie Van Halen on a telecaster, as in this solo

• moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    I've got a 92 Berlin Pro, generally my number 1 guitar alongside a Les Paul. Adore it, neck plays like butter. Want another!
  • Had this in for a set of pickups fitting:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Nice playing guitar, sounded good too. Grest top wood. I always fancied a New York. I worked with Patrick a couple of years ago, he knows how to make a great guitar.