HELP! Missing Plugins...

What's Hot
Hi all,

I've been trying to install this: https://www.musicradar.com/computermusic/free-pc-mac-guitar-amp-plugin-grindmachine-cm-611602

I've downloaded it, run the .PKG and rescanned Logic multiple times, but the plugins never show up!

I've tried Garageband too, but they aren't there either.

Anyone any ideas?  Such a pain.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 323
    Logic uses the AU version, not the VST version. Make sure you have installed the AU version.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems to install VST2 and AU - the install goes through fine, but still no plugins!  Total mystery and cant work out what I'm doing wrong.
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 323
    If no one else here has enough experience or knowledge to help you then perhaps Audio Assault has a helpdesk, although I see the company is in Mexico. Still, the company's web site has a contact page.
  • I'll give it a go, can't hurt!  Thanks :)
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 822
    Plugin manufacturers are struggling to keep up with Mac architecture, it might help to know the machine you are installing to, M1 stuff is not fully supported yet, there are workarounds using emulated OS, I do know Reaper has dedicated versions, and I do know that Windows VSTs are notoriously  tricky due to plugins creating their own folders.
    A search of your system should reveal the location of the .AU version of your plugin, I usually just copy that into the 'official' location where Apple wants it, I thought Apple was using VST versions now, as well as their own version, but I am on an older OS on my Mac.
    Moving back to Windows has it's own issues these days, I know, I am experiencing them too.
  • I'm using a Trashcan Mac Pro on Monterey, thanks!