SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: GUILD JF 30-12, spruce/maple 12 string inc original case, USA

jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
edited October 2022 in Acoustics £
SOLD.

Guild JF 30-12 12 string guitar, around 22 yrs old. 

Excellent condition including original case (also excellent), has the Made in USA label - Guild Music, Westerly, RI 02891.
Fishman pickup with in-soundhole tone and volume wheels. 

This Guild series have laminated maple backs which are slightly arched. There is no bracing. Guild are/were masters of 12-string design and construction and made a feature out of this.  It's pretty stunning.

The top is spruce, the sides maple. The fretboard on this guitar is ebony - I am certain - and the bridge seems to me to be ebony too; I can take a closer pic but even if it's stained it looks far too close-grained for rosewood.

History - I am the 3rd owner AFAIK.

The 2nd owner took it to Knight guitars for some work; Schaller straplocks fitted, a complete setup and there is a small, very neat dab of glue visible inside beneath the bridge where the top struts meet so some regluing must have been done.  Impressive work - the guitar plays absolutely superbly with a low action for a 12, and is completely (and amazingly) true all the way up the neck.  I have it up at concert pitch - have considered dropping to D but there's no need.  Retuning does take a bit of time!!

MOP endpins have been added (originals are included).  The tuners are gold-plated Grovers. 
There are no dings or scratches.  However the wire from the battery pack to the pickup is visible inside the soundhole - I'm not going to sort it unless changing strings. 

Case - big, black, very robust, has Guild written on it, literally one or two tiny marks, excellent condition and original issue.

Sounds - what can I say? This is a big Guild 12-string which does everything big Guild 12s should. Huge, magnificent, sparkling.

Reason for sale = ££££ needed. Like most of us these days.  But also; this is a serious instrument and you have to put in the time.  I love Ralph Towner and Leo Kottke but I'm not going to get there as 6 strings is quite enough for me to deal with.

£900-  (now SOLD)  nr Guitar Village (Farnham area). 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments