Radical Guitar Stand!

What's Hot
DavidRDavidR Frets: 750
Forever on the lookout for 'sommit new, I came across this on t'interweb. Clever to think of attaching stand to base of guitar and, hey presto, no stand! Only prob I can see is, at 530g, might alter balance of guitar??

Guitar Stand by Standley, Acoustic Guitar Stand, Universal Fit, Lightweight Click-On Guitar Foot Stand, Adjustable Feet and Protects Guitar Strap Button, Guitarist Gift, Fits in Guitar Case, Black : Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments & DJ

Good name for a stand too....Standley!

:-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CoolCatCoolCat Frets: 158
    Interesting concept.
    'Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend' - Lennon & McCartney (We can work it out).
  • Cool looking mahogany guitar in the pic!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72420
    I would definitely not use that on any acoustic guitar with a traditional friction-fit push-in strap button. You can imagine what will happen with the slightest sideways force on the guitar... even if tightening the height screws doesn't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6882
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 767K
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Would that lock effectively onto an endpin output jack, as found on many electro-acoustics and aftermarket pickups? Plus you’d have to remove the strap from the button before using this.

Sorry, not for me.
  • I dunno, it doesn't look any more stable to me than just leaving it leaning up against something. 
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Another :-1:

Sorry
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 236
    Brilliant idea.
    Would I trust my guitar on it? No.
     I prefer more of a lean angle & some sort of rest part way up the back as per traditional design.

Obviously some thought has gone into the design and it's certainly very reasonably priced.
    Easy to spot one or two drawbacks but it may be very useful in some circumstances.
    A bit of thoughtful innovation - best of luck with it.
     =) 

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 630
    I dunno, it doesn't look any more stable to me than just leaving it leaning up against something. 
    Agree – one of the reviews says as much, and I'd hate having a big lump of plastic attached to the bottom of my guitar.

My favourite 'innovation' in stands remains the tiny friction rests:

Cost only a few quid each, work great, and you can chuck them in a drawer if you don't want them out.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    I'm seriously not convinced this is better than a regular cradle type stand. I don't want wood damage just because the thing gets knocked a bit 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6693
    edited October 2022
    Remember, everyone has a story about playing a gig where some pissed up twat falls and pushes an amp or PA speaker over. Extrapolate. 
  • barnstorm said:
    I dunno, it doesn't look any more stable to me than just leaving it leaning up against something. 
    Agree – one of the reviews says as much, and I'd hate having a big lump of plastic attached to the bottom of my guitar.

Cost only a few quid each, work great, and you can chuck them in a drawer if you don't want them out.
    They look a good idea,if you have a shelf or window ledge available.
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 630
    Yes – depends on the room, but they work well for me, including on the edge of a combo amp.

Not going to help if a kid/dog/drunk clatters into the guitar, of course, but that's what cases are for.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    with two boxers,  nothing ever goes on the floor 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7285

Close up view of spring clip that captures end pin or strap button output jack.

The "feet" that screw in to tension the guitar body against the captured end pin have rubber ends, presumably to avoid damage to the guitar and to make them less slippery on a hard floor than hard plastic feet.

The video in the Amazon advert says that it is designed to lean back 5 degrees.  I would have thought that with the spread of the legs being narrower from front to back (i.e. slightly less than the depth of a standard acoustic guitar body) it would be more stable standing absolutely vertical.  My worry would be that the the bottom end of the guitar where it is continually slid across the hard raised plastic plate would scuff the guitar, and I didn't see anything mentioned about this being faced with rubber.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6693
    bertie said:
    Chris Eubank and Reginaldo Dos Santos?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    merlin said:
    bertie said:
    Chris Eubank and Reginaldo Dos Santos?
    Sugar Ray and Marvelous Marvin 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    barnstorm said:

One of those on my desk would have saved my P Bass a nasty knock. The bass survived though and remained in tune. Where do you get these? As in what's the name of them to search for
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Cheers @drofluf ;