SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Regal RC-51 Tricone Resonator - upgraded with National cones

What's Hot
RustyShacklefordRustyShackleford Frets: 56
edited December 2022 in Acoustics £
Regal RC-51 Tricone Resonator with hard case. Upgraded with National 5 .9375" "Hot Rod" cones. Don't play slide as much as I used to so hoping it goes to a more deserving home!

Asking £650 ONO. Would prefer collection within London but I should be able to post it for around £30.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 754
    edited October 2022
    I have an RC51 and would like to update with National cones. Could I ask where you got them from @RustyShackleford ;?

Good luck with sale. I can certainly confirm that the RC51 is a solidly built attempt to copy the National Style 1 instrument. Mine sounds nice already but upgrading the cones is supposed to improve them quite a lot. Did you find that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 797
    edited October 2022
    Wowsers, that’s lovely.  

Why isn’t there a resonator thread?!
  • Cheers fellas.

@DavidR you should be able to find the National cones on Thomann. I definitely found them to be a worthwhile upgrade. They gave it a deeper and fuller, more chimey kind of tone and enhanced the sustain.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6717
    That's a beautiful looking instrument. Sadly you missed a really good opportunity to do a naked reflection shot. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom