SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Martin 000-28 (not released reimagined) - £1,950

What's Hot
BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2200
edited November 2022 in Acoustics £
Martin 000-28. 2018. No dings. Lovely condition and great sounding. 

Selling as I don’t have room for it anymore and it’s been in the case for over a year unplayed. 

Collection from Beaconsfield preferred and can also meet. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2200
    Price drop
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hi all, I’ve been asked a couple of times if this guitar is a “re-imagined” or a standard 000-28. 

If anyone can tell me what the difference is, so I can advise that would be great! 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2203
    Barnezy said:
    Hi all, I’ve been asked a couple of times if this guitar is a “re-imagined” or a standard 000-28. 

If anyone can tell me what the difference is, so I can advise that would be great! 
    I could be mistaken but I think the open gear tuners indicate that is a 'reimagined' .  I think they made change in 2018 or 2019 maybe?  

https://www.citymusic.com.sg/blog/martin-standard-series-reimagined/
  • EndpinEndpin Frets: 12
    I think the reimagined ones now have herringbone purfling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    Endpin said:
    I think the reimagined ones now have herringbone purfling.
    and forward bracing I seem to believe.

Great looking Martin though....GLWTS

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fishboy7 said:
    Barnezy said:

I could be mistaken but I think the open gear tuners indicate that is a 'reimagined' .  I think they made change in 2018 or 2019 maybe?  

https://www.citymusic.com.sg/blog/martin-standard-series-reimagined/
    OK. The tuners are not the originals. They are Martin tuners, but the originals were the heavy closed backs. This therefore must be the pre-reimagined spec in that case. 
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited November 2022
    The Re-imagined series was launched in 2018.

The nut width is 1.75", forward shifted bracing, soft V neck profile, open gear Butterbean tuners etc. 

@Barnezy ; put a finger inside and back along the underside of the top towards the lower bout. Feel the X brace? How far back? 1/4" for Re-imagined. Any further and it isn't. 

• Beautiful.
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1114
    Reimagined bracing is scalloped. Pre-reimagined Standard series is non-scalloped.

A peek inside with a dentist's mirror or mobile phone camera will reveal all.
    Bump
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
    That is not a reimagined it has no herringbone purfling  the fret markers are not the snow flakes and there is no aged toner on top.  As I have a reimagined 00028
    That’s right. It is a pre-reimagined 000-28. 

Still available. 
    And still a Martin 000-28.

:)
    edited November 2022
  • Pmd 
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 754
    edited February 2023
    Barnezy said:

I was under the impression that the 're-imagined' spec became the 'standard' spec when the 'modern deluxe' spec came out in 2019. i.e. the old 're-imagined' guitars are the same as the current 'standard' Martin guitars. Re-imagined instruments sought to incorporate some of the features of much sought after old Martins from, say, 1930, 1940. I have a 2018 re-imagined OM28. It's bloody good. Is the much more expensive Modern Deluxe spec any bloody gooderer (?) - different but not better would be my view.

If you're buying a post 2019 standard spec Martin you're getting a very very nice guitar.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    If it’s pre-reimagined does it even exist?  These are the kind of questions that keep me up at night.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this the long scale version of the OOO or the short scale?  Thanks.
    edited February 2023
    @surfguy13

As I understand it, Re-imagined refers to appointments. Open gear tuners, herringbone, forward shifted scalloped bracing. The scale length would still be "normal" 000.

• Mellish said:
    @surfguy13

As I understand it, Re-imagined refers to appointments. Open gear tuners, herringbone, forward shifted scalloped bracing. The scale length would still be "normal" 000.

Thanks @Mellish. ; I have always been unsure if there was a short scale version of the OOO or whether they were all long scale.  Sounds like they are all long scale which is a shame.