Peter Frampton at The Albert Hall.

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6136
Sadly Peter is looking quite frail here but is still able to play that beautiful Les Paul of his.
For me personally, he is one of the two individuals who have had the greatest influence on my guitar playing life, the other being Robben Ford, so it saddening to see him suffering from a degenerative muscle disease called Inclusion-Body Myositis. I don't know how long he will able to keep playing for, I just hope I get a chance to se him live. He played near me in Stoke last week but I was unable to see him due to a funeral I had to attend on the same day.

Best wishes to you Peter.
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    I was lucky enough to be there for this gig, and it was easily one of my top 5 gigs of all time. There's something about his playing and the phrasing that is just incredible. It was a superb gig, and it was clear that the crowd's appreciation for him meant a lot to him and the band.

Also, the talkbox was well worth the ticket price alone!

I'm going to be lucky enough to also catch him at the G4 experience in Vegas in January, which will be awesome!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6136
    FarleyUK said:
    I was lucky enough to be there for this gig, and it was easily one of my top 5 gigs of all time. There's something about his playing and the phrasing that is just incredible. It was a superb gig, and it was clear that the crowd's appreciation for him meant a lot to him and the band.

Also, the talkbox was well worth the ticket price alone!

I'm going to be lucky enough to also catch him at the G4 experience in Vegas in January, which will be awesome!
    Amazing, I wish I'd seen him so much
    This clip from 3 years ago put a lump in my throat. His tribute at the start to his lost band members was so heartfelt, just a wonderful tribute and a measure of how generous a musican he is..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't claim to have been a big fan of his music but he always seemed a super nice guy for such a big star and I'm sad to hear that he's got these health problems.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom