SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Maton S60 Dreadnought - Price drop

TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
edited January 2023 in Acoustics £

Trying to sell off a few bits to make some space and pay a few bills. 

Based near Kettering Northamptonshire (just off the a14), so happy to drive to meet or can post at buyer’s cost and risk, but would need to source a box. 

Maton S60 Acoustic 

Really lovely dreadnought, just not getting the use it deserves. Really light weight and resonant. Solid Queensland maple back and sides, solid Sitka spruce top. Has a very distinct brightness to the top end that partners perfectly with the bass response and body of a Dred. LR Baggs Ibeam fitted. This has been gigged so shows some honest play wear. Would give a good 7.5/10. Nothing huge, but there is the odd minor ding or scuff. 

Only thing to flag is a change of tuners to Klusons, I prefer them and feel they give an airier tone. However, when fitting and wicking the slightly large holes there was a moment of overspill that resulted in the laquer mark on the headstock (more to the point it’s where I inexpertly removed the overspill and as a result the laquer -these are very thin finishes). It’s purely cosmetic, but it’s there so I’m being honest, I suspect one of you guys that are more experienced with these things could easily do a nitro fix. 

Had a few questions about the neck, so here is my best attempt to explain it. To my mind it’s a fairly modern feeling neck, quite wide-slim if that makes sense. I usually hate slim necks, but this doesn’t feel small, it’s just very comfortable.  19.8mm at the 1st fret, 22.8mm at the 7th and 23mm at the 9th. Action is pretty low and less than 1mm at the 1st fret. 

Hardcase with a missing latch or two incl -keeps it safe, but will need replacing in due course.

£550 Price drop to £500 - sold off board

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/y5669y4731

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Damn that is tempting... a bit far for me though
  • Happy to source a box if you are happy with the risk of postage -would always prefer to meet and hand over though -less of a headache! 
  • Happy Saturday yawn. 
  • Sorry I didn’t respond to the earlier post, just got out of hospital after a nasty heart scare. Think I’m going to have to pass on this for now at least
  • smfacer said:
    Sorry I didn’t respond to the earlier post, just got out of hospital after a nasty heart scare. Think I’m going to have to pass on this for now at least

No problem. Hope the heart is ok. Rest up. 
  • Christmas Eve bump. 
  • Price drop to £500 -that’s a LOT of acoustic guitar for the money.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    Great quality acoustic with a fantastic pickup, ready to gig bump.
    Sunday bump 
    Yay it’s the weekend 
    Probably pointless mid month bump, but you never know.
    Payday bump