This day 21 years ago we lost George Harrison.

What's Hot
I can't get my head around it being 21 years ago.  :/
RIP George.

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/qjcAogQnsACVRhAduo4enB-1200-80.jpg
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Didn't realise he was just 58. I suppose that seemed quite old to me then - but not so much now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    It's often overlooked just how young the Beatles were in their prime. They recorded Revolver when they were younger than Harry Styles. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    edited November 2022
    Same age as I am now…

Funnily enough I watched the DVD of the Concert for George on Sunday night, not realising the anniversary was so close. I’d forgotten just how many great songs he had written. Definitely my first guitar hero.

RIP
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22924
    Didn't realise he was just 58. I suppose that seemed quite old to me then - but not so much now.
    My age now.  But I didn't realise it was 21 years ago, that's gone by really fast!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6134
    I'll just leave this here..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    5reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    ^ Ha ha, love that! Such a cool story and cool thing to own
  • “The last time I met him, he was very sick and I held his hand for four hours. As I was doing it I was thinking ‘I’ve never held his hand before, ever. This is not what two Liverpool fellas do, no matter how well you know each other.’ I kept thinking, ‘he’s going to smack me here.’ But he didn’t. He just stroked my hand with his thumb and I thought ‘Ah, this is OK, this is life. It’s tough but it’s lovely. That’s how it is.’ I knew George before I knew any of the others and I loved that man. I’m so proud to have known him. Still, as sad as it was, you take the great bit, which was that last time you saw him, and that’s what you remember. That and all the other lovely memories.” - Paul McCartney The Mirror, 7 April 2003
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom