SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Practically unused Korg Kronos 2, Sequential Prophet X and Waldorf Iridium Desktop

drippycatdrippycat Frets: 139
edited December 2022 in Studio & Rec £
Hi,

I'll probably copy/paste this paragraph into other posts since it's a little hard to write, and I have a few things to sell. My brother passed away last month and I'm dealing with his estate. He knew at one point he had a few years, then a few months left & was a firm believer in the 'you can't take it with you' philosophy. So he bought quite a lot of things that were more to be admired rather than played with, due to the nerve damage that diabetes can do to your hands. He was also a guitarist & could only play a few chords on a keyboard. So with that in mind...

Waldorf Iridium in original packaging with manual & bought around last April. The blotches on the screen are refelections from the ceiling where we pulled off some glorious 1970s polystyrene tiles. When I visited him in September I asked for a demo and it wasn't even connected! It worked when I plugged it in but it appears to be practically unused - never gigged, no wear and tear. These cost about £1,900 new so £1,500 plus postage or I can drive a reasonable distance from Newcastle upon Tyne or Stafford in the Midlands, depending on when I travel down to the sophisticayted south next - likely to be before Christmas or January.

Sequential Prophet X - Again, 
in original packaging with manual, bought around last April/May. No wear & tear because it's barely been used - just tinkered with to scratch an itch. The cheapest these cost new that I've found is £2,659 and used for £2,500. I'm asking £2,400 plus postage or I can drive a reasonable distance from Newcastle upon Tyne or Stafford in the Midlands, depending on when I travel down to the sophisticayted south next - likely to be before Christmas or January.

Next up - oh, good grief!

Judging from the type of wood ends, this is a Korg Kronos 2 workstation. Power supply but no manual & currently in bubble wrap because there's no box. This will have to be picked up or delivered/arrange for a reasonable distance meetup. B
ought around last April/May. No wear & tear because it's barely been used - just tinkered with to scratch an itch. The cheapest these cost used that I've found is £2,200 and £3,000 new. I'm asking £2,100 for something with no box but has practically never been used. I can drive a reasonable distance from Newcastle upon Tyne or Stafford in the Midlands, depending on when I travel down to the sophisticayted south next - likely to be before Christmas or January.

These will be advertised elsewhere because this is predominantly a guitar site, but I'd rather it go to a fellow FF forumite. Thanks for looking,

Simon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I just came to drool at the Kronos 2. I can't afford it and don't have room for it, but very nice indeed.

So sorry to hear about your brother ....
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6178
    Sorry to read about your brother; seems like he enjoyed the good stuff. Shame that I've weaned myself off the big synths now. I'd love that Prophet X. 

Just FYI: in your advert on Sound-on-Sound, you've described the Kronos as a "Triton" - same in the topic title here. Nice old synth, but not as sought-after.
  • Bugger! Thanks for letting me know. Not being a synth man I tend to get the two confused.

Oh, and thank you to both of you for your kind words.