Ruth Madoc

What's Hot
Ruth Madoc (79) RIP - the actress that played Gladys Pugh in Hi-De-Hi !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    tFB Trader
    Goodbye campers - RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22929
    I was sorry to hear about this, and the circumstances - just a few days ago she was doing panto, then she took a fall and... now gone.  People become so frail in later life.

Although it was never hip and cool, I loved Hi-de-Hi! (also liked You Rang, M'Lord? and Oh, Doctor Beeching! although Ruth Madoc wasn't in those). 

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I don’t know her from anything other than Hi De Hi but I loved it when it started and Gladys (Ruth) was always the most interesting character. Looking at her wiki page lots of theatre and television and proud of her welsh heritage. RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • In the early 90s I saw her on stage in a play.  She was a seriously good actress.  Her Hi De Hi character was just that - but she brought the persona to life.  Sad news.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Sad news! I thought she was gorgeous in hi de hi.. and the accent didn’t do any harm.. of course there was so much more to her life and career than that, but that’s my abiding memory..
    RIP
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.