Hasnath Miah - You've probably never heard of him.

axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
I don't suppose many people will read this, but i was quite taken by this story. A thoroughly decent man. He's on the left in the pic.

Tributes have been paid to an Indian takeaway owner who donated thousands of meals during the Covid pandemic.

Mr Miah's family said he died in Oxford's John Radcliffe Hospital after suffering a stroke.

Hasnath Miah, 49, fed homeless people, the low paid and key workers

In August 2021, he won an award from the High Sheriff of Oxfordshire for his efforts since the first lockdown.

He gave away more than 7,000 free hot meals. He will never turn away anyone that is hungry.

In November, Mr Miah posted on Facebook that his takeaway Indian Dream would be open on Christmas Day. "Free dinner for homeless and people live alone and older people. I love to cook for you. I know how pain full is live alone."

Sad that he died at just 49. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh no, I read about him at the time. That is sad news. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember this news story and thought at that time what a lovely guy to make an ongoing personal charitable commitment. 
    Very sad indeed
  • ianian Frets: 17
    My wife and I have been frequent customers of his takeaway. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. R.I.P. Hasnath.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That’s so sad.. What a guy… 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.