SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1971 Martin D-35 – Done

Lawriejones1Lawriejones1 Frets: 137
edited July 2023 in Acoustics £
I always wanted a vintage D35, and this one delivers! It’s big, bold and sounds incredible.

As people will tell you, older acoustics open up, giving a rich and deep tone. This is a big guitar, and it really projects!

This is in good used condition. There has been a professional neck re-set at some point, and a pickup has been fitted. Like all vintage Martins from this period, the pickguard has shrunk a little. Finally, it’s been played so you can see some marks on the top, but nothing too aggressive or that would upset me.

The hardcase is fitted, but it’s Hiscox not Martin.

I purchased this during lockdown from the lovely Picker’s Friend. I can provide a bill of sale and I’m sure they can vouch for the guitar if you’d like to check provenance. I bought it during the Covid lockdown as I’d always wanted one (Dave Gilmlur, Pete Townsend, etc!) but then I was able to purchase a Kinkade guitar at a great price and prefer that to this one.

Prices vary for these, so I’ll list at what I paid for it 2 years ago, which is £2600

I won’t send this but I will drive to meet you within a reasonable distance of Bristol.

Finally, I would trade for a similar vintage Fender guitar. Preferably a Jaguar (happy to chat and adjust cash either way).

I’m fairly new to the forum as I’m really a bass player, but I’m trying to play guitar. I’m also a 15 year veteran of eBay, and Basschat and can provide references and validation.

I’m not a guitar dealer or someone here to make a quick buck, but I have used the site to advertise a few guitars recently. Finally, guitar is based on Bristol and I’d love to welcome you here to see it.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments