Thin bodied nylon electro

What's Hot
Hankering for the above. Had a GK pro Negra in the past which is slightly thinner but not so thin bodied as what I am thinking. 70-80mm. 

Appreciate that the sound will potential totally lose out on the lower mids to lows and depending on the wood and construction will lose on sustain but for the style of stuff I’ll play in it that would work in my favour. 

Here is the tricky bit. Between 4-600. Otherwise I’d go out and get a 55FCE. 

Any ideas? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• m0rtm0rt Frets: 22
    Read that thread - difference is that is talking about slimline, and it seems that this is in the realm of solid body or chambered. I'm taking bout traditional guitar construction but in a thin body. 

Think 55FCE or Ortega Flammetal models. 

Not against slimline but also want some acoustic only volume too. 

• vizviz Frets: 10700
    edited December 2022
    Alvarez rc20sc. Hard to find a better florentine cutaway nylon-strung guitar for the price. Thin neck, small body, lovely tone. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you for putting those on my radar. Much appreciated dude. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This may be of interest. Last week I bought an electro classical from Guitarguitar. It's an Alhambra Iberia Zizicote CTW E8.They retail at London Guitar Studio for £850. It was priced (second hand) at £600 with GG. I negotiated a price of £550.It arrived the next day.It is in excellent to mint condition ,no marks, dings or scratches other than barely discernible swirling when held to the light.A lovely action 3.5mm and 2.5 mm at the 12 th fret.The downside is that it was advertised as 52mm at the nut but it is actually 50mm which is not what i was looking for.It will be back in stock tomorrow when i return it but you'll do well to find a better guitar for the money.I've since found the specs on LGS which gives a width of 80mm.It's a beauty.Just a thought.
  • I bought one of the Martinez in Mansons a couple of years ago for about £600. Most important bit is it has a sound port which works brilliantly. The guitar also plays very well https://reverb.com/uk/item/26315672-martinez-mscc-14ms
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    That Martinez is a nice looking thing. However stock prices are a bit high for me. That Alhambra though….. I may contact gg!

thanks for the heads up. 
  • The Alhambra is now back in stock and up on their website.They have not altered the spec to say 50 mm nut.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11933
    my 2 acoustic classicals are pro-level
    But.. I am experimenting with a £120 Thomann electro classical
    So far it plays well enough
    I will be setting it up and restringing it soon

If you just want a nylon guitar for live work, it may be worth looking at these
    You don't need expert luthiers when the bracing and soundboard are irrelevant