SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: A few slides and K&K Sound Pure Resonator BB pickup (SOLD)

thinline72thinline72 Frets: 82
edited January 2023 in Acoustics £
Hi everyone and Happy Holidays!
I'm doing a small clearout, so there are multiple items for sale.

K&K Sound Pure Resonator BB pickup - £65 £55 posted
This one came with a National Trojan I bought a few months ago and was detached during the renovation work. I haven't really played with it much as I sent Trojan for a neck reset right away, but I was pleasantly surprised how good and acoustically it sounded in an electro amp. But as I was looking to get a more electric sound instead, I've replaced it with a 12-bar blues humbucker.

I don't have a box, instructions etc. I hope price reflects that!

Slides!

SOLD The Rock Slide Amber Glass Medium (~60 x 19.5 x 4-6 mm) - £17 posted
These are quite popular slides (probably more popular over the pond) with fancy features like the Knuckle Cut, Finger Rest and Tapered Interior. I, personally, don't like Knuckle Cut, so I basically used it rotated at 180 degree. Finger Rest is something I can definitely live without (especially when it's turned at 180 degree I guess  ) . Tapered Interior is a vey nice feature to have though as it helps the slide to sit very firmly on your finger.

Dunlop 243 Moonshine Ceramic Slide (~71 x 18.5 x 5 mm) - £13 £10 posted
Some of the specs I found out there says it's 70mm and 17.5mm internal diameter. But I'd say it's definitely at least 18, more like 18.5mm.

Shonky / AM Stainless Steel CBG Slide (~42 x 18.5 x 1.5mm) - 
£10 £8 posted
Might be a good choice if you play CBGs and would like a shorter version for them! Comes with a storage bag.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump with price drops before putting them on Reverb!
  • Hey!

I'm interested in the pickup - how does it attach to the resonator? Is it missing the sleeve with the nut?

Stephen
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 82
    edited January 2023
    Hey @StephenB ,

It attaches via that velcro piece. Basically, one piece gets glued to the bottom of resonators body and then the velcro is used to attached/detach the jack. Here is a photo from their website that showcases this type of instalment: https://www.kksound.com/pure-resonator

That being said, it was very hard to remove that piece of velcro from the resonator. Unfortunately, I even scratched the wood a bit. It was too sticky and won't come off easily at all. So a buyer will need to use some double-side tape (like they do on the photo above) to get that piece attached. Or replace the velcro approach with their favourite way of installing.

Here are the photos of that velcro piece I'm talking about:

• Cheers for the quick response! It looks exactly like a 3M Command strip (Used for hanging paintings). I'll send you back a PM now - thanks!