Practising

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10699
I love this. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    Practice is the disproof of that silly "definition of insanity" meme. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    ^ nice!

Albert Einstein: The definition of practising is doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited January 2023
    Actually, should it be:

Albert Einstein: The definition of practising is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

• BradBrad Frets: 659
    This is my personal favourite. Succinct, if a little threatening…

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    Sporky said:
    Practice is the disproof of that silly "definition of insanity" meme. 

I would disagree.

Practice is not a repetition of the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. If that is how you practice, then you are doing it wrong.

Practice is the targeted approach to constant improvement.

If you stop improving or keep reaching the same unwanted outcome, then you need to change what / how you practice.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom