Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4136
    Certainly makes fingering around the 9th fret a little awkward.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    Proof if it were ever needed that having the technical skills to do something, doesn't always mean that you should go ahead & do it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6197
    Yikes. Trying too hard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3277
    What a strange thing to do. 

I mean if you want it to be risqué, have the guys trousers round his ankles and his naked hairy arse putting the punters off. Although to be fair, this may be the next in the series.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like an 80s casuals t shirt. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Unpleasant
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7408
    edited January 2023
    It's for sale on Reverb also:
    It pisses me off how sellers throw in key words to be included in search results, in this case "not-lowden-avalon".

Back in my youth there were a few times that impromptu passion meant us having to have a quick knee-trembler, but I've been looking at the fretboard inlay closely.  Either they chose a worktop, washing machine, pizzeria counter, or whatever that was far too high for her to perch on or else if this is all free-standing gymnastics, he has lifted her up far too high.  Unless he has a dick in the centre of his abdomen like a bull, or she her legs are joined to her shoulders, all he has managed to achieve is a damp chest.

The inlay is quite well executed, but the planning for where her left knee would end up is a bit off.  I realise how difficult it is to cut and rout for inlays, having tried quite a few myself with varied levels of success, but I'm beginning to wonder whether the woman is a gecko and he is Django Reinhardt:

The Rosette inlay is such an amateurish choice that it spoils what otherwise is a very nice guitar.  I wonder what creation he would come up with for The Great British Bakeoff?  A chocolate cake fashioned like a giant coiled turd, or a message piped onto an otherwise excellent cake proclaiming "This is a fucking tasty cake".

Maybe I'm just a little conservative and nit-picking for this kind of thing.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28746
    edited January 2023
    I enjoyed your critique.

Especially the gecko bit. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I’m not keen..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• SupportactSupportact Frets: 1003
    That's weird. Not in a good way. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    edited January 2023
    BillDL said:
      I wonder what creation he would come up with for The Great British Bakeoff?  A chocolate cake fashioned like a giant coiled turd, 
    well, funnily enough - some good friends of ours made a cake for mrs berts 40th (yes that long ago !!) and owning the same breed of dogs, decorated it with a "dog statue" with torn socks, toys and pools of wee and little brown turds everywhere.

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 239
    Must be the most tasteless piece of bling I've seen on a guitar. As for the rosette, well - if the guitar was that good it wouldn't need the text. I reckon he might have trouble shifting that.  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    That's weird. Not in a good way. 
    understatement of the year award goes to.....................................

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    Soupman said:
    Must be the most tasteless piece of bling I've seen on a guitar. As for the rosette, well - if the guitar was that good it wouldn't need the text. I reckon he might have trouble shifting that.  :s
    If the rich had taste there would be no market for most of the stuff in houses like Trump's.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 233
    Bargain.
  • BillDL said:

The Rosette inlay is such an amateurish choice that it spoils what otherwise is a very nice guitar.  I wonder what creation he would come up with for The Great British Bakeoff?  A chocolate cake fashioned like a giant coiled turd, or a message piped onto an otherwise excellent cake proclaiming "This is a fucking tasty cake".

Apologies for the tread drift but this reminded me of a baking anecdote recorded (I think) by Constance Spry in her eponymous cookery book published in the 1950s. In the dessert section she tells how a local cook in a far flung corner of the former Empire was tasked to prepare an elaborate pudding using an ancient book with illustrations that extolled the virtues of each dish.

The hostess was allegedly mortified when it was delivered to the table at the end of her dinner party with “This is a delicious and economical recipe” piped on the top.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    No guitar is that good, sorry
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • steveh said:
    Bargain.
    Hahahahahaha
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 718
    Just wrong on so many counts... @BillDL critique is spot on. 
  • Looks like an 80s casuals t shirt. 
    On the same body 40 years later.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom