This guitar makes a statement

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2228
    Cool Inlay. But wasted on that weird shaped guitar. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1710
    Damn I have just  bought a PRS parlor .My wife wont let me buy another one .Some low taste blingbasher will love this on his wall especially if he cant play a note.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the majority are missing the point here. This guitar is a playful showpiece and anyone who knows Balázs's work will know that he's one of the finest luthiers in existence and can do with wood and inlays what most guys couldn't even dream of. If you haven't heard of him then I urge you to check out some of this other work. 

https://www.instagram.com/prohaszkaguitars/

Agreed, this is not to everyone's tastes, but it's a piece that was done for the 2020 Holy Grail guitar show hinting at a bit of Balázs's dark humour, and going off the comments on here it would have done a great job of getting people talking about it at that show had it not been cancelled due to Covid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2631
    BillDL said:
    It's for sale on Reverb also:
    It pisses me off how sellers throw in key words to be included in search results, in this case "not-lowden-avalon".

Back in my youth there were a few times that impromptu passion meant us having to have a quick knee-trembler, but I've been looking at the fretboard inlay closely.  Either they chose a worktop, washing machine, pizzeria counter, or whatever that was far too high for her to perch on or else if this is all free-standing gymnastics, he has lifted her up far too high.  Unless he has a dick in the centre of his abdomen like a bull, or she her legs are joined to her shoulders, all he has managed to achieve is a damp chest.

The inlay is quite well executed, but the planning for where her left knee would end up is a bit off.  I realise how difficult it is to cut and rout for inlays, having tried quite a few myself with varied levels of success, but I'm beginning to wonder whether the woman is a gecko and he is Django Reinhardt:

The Rosette inlay is such an amateurish choice that it spoils what otherwise is a very nice guitar.  I wonder what creation he would come up with for The Great British Bakeoff?  A chocolate cake fashioned like a giant coiled turd, or a message piped onto an otherwise excellent cake proclaiming "This is a fucking tasty cake".

Maybe I'm just a little conservative and nit-picking for this kind of thing.
    Going for that bowling ball grip, looks like.  2 in the pink, 1 in the stink.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2173
    It's odd that Satchel could probably get away with anything on a kramer but this is so jarring to lot of people.
    Same as the nude Marilyn Monroe custom shop strat. It's not my taste but it looks like a well made guitar.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    Looking at his Instagram pics he’s obviously capable of very stylish and high quality work. Shame he didn’t do it on that acoustic. It looks crude, in more ways than one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 246
    He may be capable. He just lacks taste.  :#

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    My friend has one of these and it is a superb sounding instrument.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6794
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • woody said:
    My friend has one of these and it is a superb sounding instrument.
    I’m not surprised. All of Balázs’s guitars are superb sounding. He’s an incredible luthier and hugely underpriced for the quality of craftsmanship and tone. A real under the radar, for the moment may I add, genius in my opinion.

The electric guitars he’s been making of late are fantastic too.