Humanless music

I saw this clip and thought, "How feqqin rickidoodleass is that?" ... and then I thought, " but what if it ain't? ... what if this really is a thing that has a place somewhere in the future?"

Personally, I think there are much more important things to programme and live music will always sound/look best with humans playing instruments (Japanese AI musicians aren't permitted ).

Anyone else seen this vid or have a view on it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7280
    It looks like you forgot the link to the video Stu  :)
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    Yes ... because I'm a complete plank :anguished: 

I'll try and find it ...
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    It's not the original clip I mentioned but it's in the same category ... equally "all wrong" for me :anguished: 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFw8dQC8/
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    The bass player looked like an evil Johnny 5...
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7280
    Is that real robotics in action or CGI making it look and sound like robots?  It looked like real robots.  While being fine as an experimental "proof of concept" kind of thing that could possibly be improved by Artificial Intelligence in the future, I found it so unbearable to listen to for any entertainment value that I didn't take time to read any captions or narrative that might have accompanied it.  There are some songs with a more regular cadence and time signature that might have worked better, but something like the disjointed "human" feel of Nirvana is destined to fail.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    When Frank Zappa got fed up with the bickering of his touring band, he threw himself wholly into composing and realising his music via the Synclavier. The machine was/is capable of rendering performances beyond human capabilities. Or so he thought.

The manuscript of G-Spot Tornado is a sight reader's nightmare but this did not prevent Ensemble Moderne managing to perform it live. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.