Lisa Marie Presley

What's Hot
Died from a heart attack. Quite a sad life, losing her Dad at a young age, problems with drugs/alcohol, money problems and her son committing suicide. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6140
    Only 54. Christ on a bike, January is turning into a brutal month. I was listening to an interview with her on the radio a few weeks ago and she seemed so positive about the future.
    RIP Lisa.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Saw her interview at the Golden Globes and she didn’t sound too good or look good either. 

Wouldn’t be surprising at all if prescription drugs have played a part. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    edited January 2023
    There was a guy on the radio talking about her. He said that she had a privileged life but also a troubled one. I guess that says it all. 

I always remember her from the Naked gun films. Great fun stuff! [senile moment from me]

I saw this picture earlier today, it's a lovely image of I guess one of the better times in her life.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 585
    I remember watching the news in the days that she married Michael Jackson... and then Nic Cage. Poor girl had a tough life.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I don’t envy famous people, at all, whether or not  they were desperate to be famous, and especially if  they were born into a mad fucking circus like she was.. the whole thing is just so desperately sad..

RIP
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    There was a guy on the radio talking about her. He said that she had a privileged life but also a troubled one. I guess that says it all. 

I always remember her from the Naked gun films. Great fun stuff!

I saw this picture earlier today, it's a lovely image of I guess one of the better times in her life.

It was her mum in the Naked Gun movies
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    axisus said:

Yes Priscilla has outlived her daughter (and grandson)which must be difficult for her. When my brother passed away it destroyed my mother in many ways. Lisa did look a lot like her mother so guess these things get mixed up. 
    Yes, a life of huge privilege really but obviously a lot of unhappiness as well. RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    axisus said:

Doh! of course it was! I'm a dumbass!
  • axisus said:
    axisus said:

Doh! of course it was! I'm a dumbass!
    to be fair I had to google as I wasnt sure. 
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 371
    I imagine money and fame didn't buy her Dad happiness either.

I saw a pic of her with her Mum today and it took me a second to figure out which was which.

My guess is perhaps some prescription opiates, but combined with cocaine, which was my first thought.

Sad story through the generations. RIP.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72425
    Very sad - she was younger than I am. What a tragic family history.

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• warheadwarhead Frets: 97
    I'm seeing a whole lot of people commenting on her death. It is always sad when someone dies, but was she really a famous singer, or something? It might just be that I'm personally not in the know........I just know her as a daughter of someone famous.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    It really saddened me this... 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    warhead said:
    I'm seeing a whole lot of people commenting on her death. It is always sad when someone dies, but was she really a famous singer, or something? It might just be that I'm personally not in the know........I just know her as a daughter of someone famous.
    She was a singer in her own right as well as the daughter of incredibly famous people and once married an incredibly famous person. Yes probably more famous for her family connections but a respected singer as well. 

https://youtu.be/Bpn9daBzjIs

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • warheadwarhead Frets: 97
    warhead said:
    She was a singer in her own right as well as the daughter of incredibly famous people and once married an incredibly famous person. Yes probably more famous for her family connections but a respected singer as well. 

https://youtu.be/Bpn9daBzjIs

Thanks for this. I've had no idea about it.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Those eyes, nose and mouth. No DNA test needed to see who her daddy was. RIP Lisa Marie.
    Call me Dave.