Update re:Vintage Vox Superphase pedal early 1970's - looking for information and value guestimates?

VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
edited December 2016 in FX

Hey guys, I have a Vox Superphase pedal which is in pristine condition, bought in the early 70's. Very warm organic phase sound with a single speed control knob.  I understand that these are pretty rare.  Does anyone have any info on this pedal or any thoughts as to value? 

This pic isn't of my one (mine doesn't have a mark on it) but its the same pedal so I'm using it purely for convenience.

Image result for vox super phaser

UPDATE

Found this on the internet - still wondering re its rarity/value:

"VOX Super Phase 
This is a rare phaser pedal from the 70's . It's a "clone" of an Aria RE-90 Super Phaser / Arbiter Soundhouse Super Phaser / Hi-Max Phase Shifter. Actually it has RE-90 on the board inside"

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    Bump - anyone have any thoughts re value of this old pedal?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    One of the identical (apart from graphics obviously) Aria RE-90s sold on Ebay last year for £41, so I can't imagine it's worth a huge amount more. Looks like it's probably a Phase 90 clone, which make it from 1974 at the earliest.

Would go nicely with my 'new' 1974 AC30, if you're thinking of selling it!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited September 2014

Ooh a 1974 AC30 - brings back memories - I used to have one (it was either 74 or 75, can't remember) - part exed my 50w Selmer Zodiac MkII 2x12 combo for it at Lou Macaris - and it was loud and very heavy (it had Alnico blues)! Would have been nice to have kept the Selmer though (very collectible now) but in those days I couldn't afford to have two amps.  Sold the AC30 to get a Marshall JCM800 head and 4x12 cab...damn, so much great gear has slipped through my fingers over the years - who knew then that these things were going to be collectibles!

Thanks for your thoughts & offer re the Vox Super Phaser - I was just curious whether it was worth anything but I'll hang on to it for posterity....who knows, perhaps it will become collectible one day!   

Couple of years since I posted this, but I have now seen a couple of these sold.  One went for £125, the other $150 dollars;

http://cooldiscountinstruments.com/Vintage-70-s-Vox-Super-Phase-Guitar-Phaser-Shifter-Effect-Pedal-Colorsound-Aria.html

Looks like these do have a bit of vintage value.  Not sure whether to keep it or sell it ... I'll have a ponder after Xmas.