The obsession with gear ….

What's Hot
Are you obsessed ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12370
    Nope I could give it up tomorrow,  I’ve just got a bit of a cold is all…..
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17623
    tFB Trader
    Not anymore.

I'm entirely focused on making music and never been happier.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491
    I used to be and thought I was cured as I played in a cover band for a number of years.

Now I'm doing original material again I have a Reverb wish list that could bankrupt the Vatican.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    One problem is that pedals take up relatively little space, so there's always room for one more. I imagine if someone were a plugin addict, it could be quite serious.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    It comes and goes. I can feel it brewing again tbh, but this is due to a very drawn out tele build project, and I am rethinking hardware options.

Previous to that I had quite bad software acquisition syndrome, but I think, think..... (maybe) I have got over that cos I have (as a result) loads of stuff now. More, way more, than I need.

I have got over guitar acquisition syndrome - I've more or less got all I want. Apart from a P bass, and maybe a hollow body, and a tele custom ha!!!

and I want a new bass amp.....

and a couple of pedals are on my mind......

So, as you see, nothing of note going on...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17623
    tFB Trader
    Habanero said:
    One problem is that pedals take up relatively little space, so there's always room for one more. I imagine if someone were a plugin addict, it could be quite serious.

Yes, that can get pretty lethal. 

I bought a bunch of plugin bundles over Black Friday 

What I have found is that now I've got the Fabfilter set it seems pointless to buy any more meat and potatoes stuff like compressors and limiters so hopefully that's under control as well other than the occasional fun toy.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I’ve been obsessed with music for nigh on 50 years, first as a listener, then as a player. That obsession has grown to encompass the gear used to make and record the music, including maintaining, modding and building my own gear.

So yes. And no.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    I have got all the things I need to record, so my gear impulses normally get rationalised away, last real purchase was a laptop in 2021. I haven't even bought a plugin in over a year. I'm a disgrace!