How much do you charge for gigs?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GramPGramP Frets: 3
      Based in East Anglia We are mostly originals with a few covers. 5 piece band. Like others we find pubs to not make much sense, we make as much off our merch as we do from the gig  and pub drinkers not likely to buy much merch..  We aim to charge £200 per band member plus travel   We tour Germany a few times a year and that pays much better. We are a jam band so we do not do 45 minute sets we tend to play for an hour and perhaps 15/20 minutes, take short break and then another  hour and 20. Having said all that we do have two  very local pubs that have supported us since the beginning and we charge them £500.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10410
    GramP said:
      Based in East Anglia We are mostly originals with a few covers. 5 piece band. Like others we find pubs to not make much sense, we make as much off our merch as we do from the gig  and pub drinkers not likely to buy much merch..  We aim to charge £200 per band member plus travel   We tour Germany a few times a year and that pays much better. We are a jam band so we do not do 45 minute sets we tend to play for an hour and perhaps 15/20 minutes, take short break and then another  hour and 20. Having said all that we do have two  very local pubs that have supported us since the beginning and we charge them £500.
    I think it's worth doing at least one decent pub. We are done to one now and it only pays £600 but it gives the public an opportunity to see us and that has led to loads of decent paying wedding gigs and company events. We are a rock band so it's important for people to see the setup, which is a lot of equipment and them to know it's going to be quite heavy at times and pretty loud. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GramPGramP Frets: 3
    Danny1969 said:
    GramP said:
    I think it's worth doing at least one decent pub. We are done to one now and it only pays £600 but it gives the public an opportunity to see us and that has led to loads of decent paying wedding gigs and company events. We are a rock band so it's important for people to see the setup, which is a lot of equipment and them to know it's going to be quite heavy at times and pretty loud. 
      agreed.... We are also  rock-ish ( SoCal country Rock )  and gt a bit heavy at times..Playing our local does a couple o things....  it allowed us to test out, live, going fully ampless which worked nicely, and it keeps us grounded as much of our gigging schedule, like many working gigging non famous bands, is a long way from home
  • My current band mainly plays pubs around Colchester area and we make £400-500, bit more for private bookings. Unfortunately we’re playing out please gig next month. 
    I’ve recently booked my first solo acoustic gig in over a year, a Sunday afternoon at a pub near my house for £150. Whether I get any more bookings remains to be seen!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    I try get a good night's sleep so I'm fully charged.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    Solo acoustic gigs for me, I charge £120 for 2 hours and £180 for 3 hours. Most pubs seem happy with this, however one pub I gave my rates to never replied. Somerset area.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• BorkBork Frets: 256
    edited May 2023
    Back in 2007-09 we were charging £2000-3000 a gig - weddings, corporate events, birthdays etc.  It was a 9 piece  London based band, too.  We played gigs in Marbella, Dubai and the Duxford Air Museum amongst others.  

[This space for rent]