Impressive stuff. Not sure if I like it or not though.

What's Hot
Some incredible technical skills going on here but at the same time it's all in the style of playing I like least.
Perhaps this is ths future of the instrument?
Whatever though, it's great to see young players ploughing their own furrows with such abandon.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't think I could even do the sit cross legged on the floor part.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    Excellent
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4226
    Technically amazing (in theory....they're miming so the audio could have been three week's work and they could be flamming all over the shop in the room), but musically I think I'd have enjoyed it more if there was a bit less information flying at me. That said, not the point of the video is it, it's a showcase.

For all the effort, you'd think they'd have spotted the continuity error where Ichika starts plugged in, then for a while from 15 secs in, he's not, and then he is again.....
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I like it a lot. Not that I could listen to an albums worth in one sitting. This stuff is best heard with an accompanying video I think, it adds something.

Makes me laugh when sometimes people turn up to this sort of thing saying, I hate it, dull, sounds like a video game, I'd rather listen to paint drying etc. It's just music at the end of the day, played by talented people with superb technique. It may not be everyone's thing but no need to insult it.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    axisus said:
    I like it a lot. Not that I could listen to an albums worth in one sitting. This stuff is best heard with an accompanying video I think, it adds something.

Technically excellent but If I have to watch the technique to appreciate it rather than just listening, it's a good indication that it's not really for me.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10416
    I like what the guy on the left with the electric he is doing. He seems to have incredible technique but much more an ear  for melody as well than the guy on the right. 
    It’s a great little vamp to play over there’s a lot of harmonic possibilities over those chords. 
    I have to say though it sounds ultra edited to me and I don’t think they could ever do it that cleanly live. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Danny1969 said:
    I like what the guy on the left with the electric he is doing. He seems to have incredible technique but much more an ear  for melody as well than the guy on the right. 
    It’s a great little vamp to play over there’s a lot of harmonic possibilities over those chords. 
    I have to say though it sounds ultra edited to me and I don’t think they could ever do it that cleanly live. 
    Yeah - that Ichika chap posts some nice-sounding videos, but they are edited to within an absolute inch of their lives. There are a few clips of his live playing out there now, and it is nowhere near the same level as the videos would suggest (in my opinion of course!).
  • MarchMarch Frets: 286
    I like the technique that makes the jack cable disappear from Ichika’s Ibanez at various points throughout the video.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    axisus said:
    Yeah fireworks like this are great on social media

Even if it is edited it's still mind blowing