Clicking fingers... anyone else?

What's Hot
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I'm after anecdotes and advice. For a few years my index finger on my fretting hand has clicked when I curl it towards my palm. It hadn't been a big issue, although it felt uncomfortable sometimes. But recently it's been aching, clicking a bit more and feeling tight. A quick Google suggested it was "trigger finger" and I've bought a splint to keep it straight for some rest. Has anyone else had this? Anyone managed to shift it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6691
    I've had it and had release surgery on four fingers. It had got to a point where I couldn't play.

Get you GP to have a look and advise you what is best. Often they recommend (and some will perform on the spot) a steroid injection which can in some cases cure it. Sometimes it hold it off for a year or so. Chat with you GP. Best of luck.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    Various fingers of mine have clicked a bit for a very long time. Never painful though. Definitely see a doctor if it hurts. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • drippycatdrippycat Frets: 139
    I'm glad to hear the advice here. I just thought it was wear & tear & I'm getting older so tough...
  • We treat a lot of these with a steroid injection and then send on for surgery if nil improvement. Common issue sadly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom