IK Multimedia TONEX Pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1324
    edited January 11
    Not sure how long it's been available, but a version 1.5 update has been released.  This is the changelog for the plugin.

Changes from version 1.2.6:

• Improved Tone Model filtering and searching with a dedicated sidebar.
    • User folders can now be created to organize Tone Models and presets.
    • New Card view displays more Tone Models in a single window.
    • Rescale and smart resize let users zoom in or show more content.
    • Amp and Cab section now streamlined to mix and match Tone Models.
    • Deeper ToneNET integration for a seamless and expanded experience.
    • New Collections section to demo and purchase Premium Tone Models.
    • Librarian adds new filters for easy search and transfer to TONEX pedal.
    • More prominent dedicated filter to search only Tone Models owned by the user.
    • Advanced parameters section now stays visible when expanding the bottom list.
    • General reliability improvements.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3483
    edited January 11
    That's a brilliant change. I'm a new Tonex user (plugin) and the lack of these basics and only being able to star captures that I'd downloaded seemed strange. This is much better.

Can any Tonex pedal owners comment on if it has the ability to adjust the input gain, like the plugin does? 

A couple of captures that I'm using, badly need some input gain, some to make it sound good and some to help bring it up to unity gain when output level isn't enough.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 11
    Just had a quick play and it's a vast improvment.  The UI is something that's always bothered me with both Amplitube and Tonex, so I'm pleased to see these changes.  You can now resize the window vertically, which is long overdue.

Here's a summary video of the changes

• fnptfnpt Frets: 750
    @Jonathanthomas83 Yes, there is a input level option in the pedal up to +10dbs I think.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a brilliant change. I'm a new Tonex user (plugin) and the lack of these basics and only being able to star captures that I'd downloaded seemed strange. This is much better.

Can any Tonex pedal owners comment on if it has the ability to adjust the input gain, like the plugin does? 

A couple of captures that I'm using, badly need some input gain, some to make it sound good and some to help bring it up to unity gain when output level isn't enough.
    Is it volume/Level or gain as in guitar gain, ie more distortion you are after?
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1210
    Haven't checked this out yet but it looks promising. I picked the software up in the recent offer (no pedal) and, while I love the basics, stuff like organising presets was very poor. Just the user folder upgrade in its own should be a game changer for me!
  • fnpt said:
    @Jonathanthomas83 Yes, there is a input level option in the pedal up to +10dbs I think.
    This is great, thank you!
    That's a brilliant change. I'm a new Tonex user (plugin) and the lack of these basics and only being able to star captures that I'd downloaded seemed strange. This is much better.

Volume :-) There are one or two captures that sound great but are very low volume. I get it on NAM captures sometimes, too.

• fnpt said:

Volume :-) There are one or two captures that sound great but are very low volume. I get it on NAM captures sometimes, too.
    Press the parameter knob on the pedal. The first thing in that menu is ‘model volume’. Adjust that to level out your captures.
  • fnpt said:

Press the parameter knob on the pedal. The first thing in that menu is ‘model volume’. Adjust that to level out your captures.
    Currently only using the plugin, I’ll have a look for that when I open a session later. Thank you.

Version 1.5.1 released.

What’s New in TONEX 1.5.1

• Improved resizable Custom IR window with new search and sort options
    • New larger windows for saving Presets, editing Tone Models or viewing their details
    • Fixed resize behavior when dragging from the corner
    • Fixed local Collections tree so it’s now updating correctly
    • Improved drag/drop function to allow use with custom folders
    • Improved Info Window details for Tone Models on ToneNET
    • Improved Cabinet Type automation
    • Added “Date Added” information to Tone Model info window
    • Added sharing information to info page for Tone Models on ToneNET
    • Fixed potential for User icons to appear incorrectly in Tone Model list
    • Fixed a potential crash selecting B9000 from the VIR list
    • Fixed missing dot on selected VIR value menu for some cabs (e.g. B9000)
    • Updated user manual
    • General optimizations and reliability improvements
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Does anyone know if the ToneX can send MIDI when changing a preset with one of the footswitches? I was hoping to be able to control my HX One without having to buy an external MIDI pedal. 
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 750
    @wddonalds ;It does have midi out so I suppose it's possible. I have it receiving midi from my GT1000 core to change patches automatically and works flawlessly.

Does anyone know if the Tonex Capture pedal works as a normal attenuator (between head and cab) in addition to its capture capabilities and does it have a reactive effect?
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 149
    Is it possible to get Amplitube tones on this eg. fender Princeton (official fender model)? 

Also, how many presets do you have access to without changing banks? Can I set up a clean amp tone, on A, add a drive on B and another on C?
  • @fnpt I managed to work it out. Basically change the MIDI thru setting to On and it will send a MIDI PC message when you change preset. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7860

With no room for more guitars and a mild annoyance with background noise from my current set up I've ordered a Tonex pedal from Amazon (free return for any reason) to try, and it'll be here tomorrow.

No idea why I'm buying it other than the general state of the world and a "might as well while I can" attitude to everything ;)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 966
    Is it possible to get Amplitube tones on this eg. fender Princeton (official fender model)? 

Also, how many presets do you have access to without changing banks? Can I set up a clean amp tone, on A, add a drive on B and another on C?
    3 presets without changing banks.

Yes to clean, drive and more drive.

I've just done a gig with exactly that. 3 sounds in 1 bank.
    Paul_C said:

With no room for more guitars and a mild annoyance with background noise from my current set up I've ordered a Tonex pedal from Amazon (free return for any reason) to try, and it'll be here tomorrow.

No idea why I'm buying it other than the general state of the world and a "might as well while I can" attitude to everything ;)

I'm sorely tempted too and for the same "sod it, why not?" reason, but having just bought an HX Stomp, I'm holding off for now.  I have the plugin and in my opinion sounds a magnitude better that the Helix amps.
    Bod said:
    Paul_C said:

I'm sorely tempted too and for the same "sod it, why not?" reason, but having just bought an HX Stomp, I'm holding off for now.  I have the plugin and in my opinion sounds a magnitude better that the Helix amps.

I've had a quick play (my daughter doesn't appreciate my playing so a full test will have to wait) and so far I think it's a thumbs up. :)

If I move on my Simplifier and Simplifier II then that will cover most of the cost ;)

I'm mostly a clean/edge of break up fan so I'll look through what it does for that before looking for other people's patches, then see what it thinks of other pedals etc.

My biggest wish is for silence when nothing's being touched and the guitar is turned down or muted and it passed that test on the clean patches I tried.
  • Bod said:
    Paul_C said:

Just listed my ‘spare’ Tonex pedal + extras in the classifieds  ;)

I'm just looking through the free amp downloads and I'm delighted to see someone has put up a Katana MkII :)