Sylvia Syms

What's Hot
FledermausFledermaus Frets: 180
edited January 2023 in Tributes
Sylvia Syms …Gloriously beautiful actress, a good life lived, but I’m  still sad.
Best known for Ice Cold in Alex….. RIP
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    Ice cold is deservedly a great classic. RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18776
    Sylvia was indeed a physically beautiful young woman, but she was also made of stronger stuff, taking on roles that scared off many actors that would worry about their image & future employability prospects.
    I'll dig out my vintage "Ice Cold" Carlsberg glasses & raise a cold one to her :+1: 
    RIP
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Oh, man.. that’s sad news..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11711
    Wow I missed this.  Recently watched Ice Cold In Alex - it's still a fabulous film and mention of the Carlsberg scene has made me very thirsty.  I'll be raising one to SS later this afternoon.  RIP.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    edited January 2023
    I've never liked war films, but I do like Ice cold in Alex. Superb film. It's the only film I have knowingly seen her in.
  • She also took the female lead in Victim, a cutting edge film with Dirk Bogarde about a gay high flying lawyer in the 50/60s. A lot of actresses turned down the roll but the film (apparently) had an impact on the change in the law regarding homosexuality….
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11302
    I suddenly had a flashback to a dire sitcom from the early 70s that she starred in with Leslie Crowther.

Just looked it up, it was called "My Good Woman".