SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Noiseless/Hum Free P90s

What's Hot
Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 211
edited February 12 in Parts £
Looking for some hum free P90s for my Novo Miris. The stock Fralins sound amazing but are not ideal for touring with different venues each night. Let me know if you have any for sale. 

Kinman, Mojotone, Fralin etc 

Don't need the snarling mid range thing so fine if they're a little more polite. Ideally looking for the lower output versions rather than anything too hot.

Thanks! 

Putting together a high end Partsmaster and currently have everything apart from a neck. Ideally looking for these things, but doesn't have to tick all the boxes, just a reference.

- Rosewood fingerboard - the darker the rosewood the better 

- 9.5" radius and above

- Medium size frets and bigger, no vintage frets please

- 1 5/8ths ideal nut width or 1.650"

- Nitro and aged would be ideal 

- Aged clay dots (these can be swapped out so not a deal breaker if they're white or the dreaded MOP)

Thanks!

WTB Strat Pickups - ideally Lollar Specials 

Looking for some new pickups to try in my '62 style strat. Currently has SSL-2s which I like, but I think I'd like to try something else. Would prefer flat poles but not essential. Let me know what you have! 

Bought the Lollar Specials - they're amazing!  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 211
    Bump
    Updated for strat pickups 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4827
    Got a set of these, brand new and unused:

https://bulldogpickups.6.ekm.shop/sweet-62---perfect-early-60s-style-strat-tone-71-p.asp

I bought them to stick in a Strat I traded and as a result never wired them in. They're non RWRP, 57 stagger. Would you be interested? Cheers

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    I've got 3 sets of brand new bootstrap pickups on the shelf - 54 Vintage Pros, Oatmeal Stout and Golden Ale. I haven't quite worked out which to install yet - if you're interested could let them go for £70 a set delivered.

https://bootstrappickups.com/collections/s-style
    Boromedic said:

https://bulldogpickups.6.ekm.shop/sweet-62---perfect-early-60s-style-strat-tone-71-p.asp

I bought them to stick in a Strat I traded and as a result never wired them in. They're non RWRP, 57 stagger. Would you be interested? Cheers
    I'm not sure as I've never heard of them. How much are you looking for?

Garold86 said:
    I've got 3 sets of brand new bootstrap pickups on the shelf - 54 Vintage Pros, Oatmeal Stout and Golden Ale. I haven't quite worked out which to install yet - if you're interested could let them go for £70 a set delivered.

These look pretty cool! Never heard of them but cheap enough to give them a try. Bit confused though - they're under £62 delivered from the company brand new? 
  • Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    Sharky77 said:

Garold86 said:

These look pretty cool! Never heard of them but cheap enough to give them a try. Bit confused though - they're under £62 delivered from the company brand new? 
    They're vintage stagger (so another $5 on top), plus a bit extra for royal mail to get to you is how I've arrived at £70 - these are brand new and avoid the lead time (which from experience is about double what's quoted).

Ryan at bootstrap is awesome though - he'll build you something bespoke if you know what you want and or give you pointers on what you're looking for. I certainly won't be upset if you send more business his way instead of mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 816
    I have sets of
    Fralin Vintage Hots Hybrid Stagger (bridge pickup has a steel baseplate)
    Kinman Hank Marvin
  • demby236demby236 Frets: 13
    got a Fender Custom Shop '60 set (with aged pole pieces) if that's of interest?
    jaymenon said:
    I have sets of
    Fralin Vintage Hots Hybrid Stagger (bridge pickup has a steel baseplate)
    Kinman Hank Marvin
    Do you still have the Tonerider Alnico II Blues pickups? I'm sure you messaged me about those last year at some point.

The Fralin's appeal to me but I might aswell just buy the Lollars as they are similar price. Kinman's are great but very annoying that you have to use their pickup covers as normal ones don't fit.

demby236 said:
    got a Fender Custom Shop '60 set (with aged pole pieces) if that's of interest?
    Possibly, depends on price. Feel free to drop me a message 
  • demby236demby236 Frets: 13
    Messaged
  • NCoNCo Frets: 161
    Boromedic said:

These look interesting, how much are you asking for?

The description is intriguing: "A friend lent me a sweet sounding original ’62 with the instructions to take it apart and learn – so I did! This ’62 had a wonderful tone, warm, punchy, sweet and bell like. It sounded great clean and overdriven, kind of like the Formvar ‘50s but a little more powerful, with more mids and bass. I spent a long time getting close to this tone."

He must have some REALLY good friends.
  • I should have some CS69 pups soon. 
    Thread updated to WTB Jazzmaster neck 
    Bump
    Thread updated to noiseless P90s