Open Gretsch Surgery

2»

Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677
    One supplier said 30 days for the chrome rings, so I'll wait and see how I feel.

I'll keep those black ones as spacers though, as the bridge pickup especially is practically hanging out just to get it within 10mm of the strings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    It really needs silver painted ones - the proper Gretsch ones are like the pickguard obviously, back-painted clear Perspex - but could you just spray the black ones? Might be a good compromise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    TV Jones make ones that fit and look perfect :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677
    TV Jones make ones that fit and look perfect :)

If I got those, delivered with screws, they'd cost more than the Artec pickups! I'm not sure they'd fi the pickups either.

I briefly considered getting TV Joneses, but that would be £200-worth pickups on probably £350-worth guitar. Plus the guitar doesn't actually belong to me - it belongs to the band as a business, so I'm not going to sink too much cash into it!

Given more time I might have ordered the GFS Liverpools from the US, but it needed to be giggable within a week, so needs must.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    Ah, fair play. I'm happily a TVJ man, and you're making me want to buy a 5120 and mod it...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires