My Delay woes.

GassageGassage Frets: 30926
So, I have recently been trying every bloody delay on the market to find one I like.

I've tried Skreddy (V V good- analog)
Providence- good at digital
Timeline - OK at a lot of things done well
Alter Ego- see timeline above

And I've concluded they're all decent but not quite what I want.

So, I did the thing I've been dreading- I've made an offer on my mate's Pete Cornish TES. I miss mine so much that I"m going to sell 3 guitars to buy one bloody delay pedal.

:(

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What is it that you want that those don't do?

Have you tried the Empress Superdelay and Eventide Timefactor?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    edited September 2014
    I want it to sound like a TES- it's utterly droolsome- it's the thickness of the repeats and clarity, and the ability to cover everything from an Echoplex to a TC2290

I've tried the timefactor- very processed. Not my bag.

Not tried the Superdelay.

THe nearest I've found is the Moogerfooger.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Ican sympathisse entirely. When you have a sound in your head and can't quite get the gear to do it.
    I have to say, I am still in love with my El Capistan, but it does exactly what I want a delay to do, i.e. sound like a tape delay without too many frills.

@Gassage, what you really need is an Arion DDS-1 and I know just where you might get one ;)

• dogload said:
    Ican sympathisse entirely. When you have a sound in your head and can't quite get the gear to do it.
    I have to say, I am still in love with my El Capistan, but it does exactly what I want a delay to do, i.e. sound like a tape delay without too many frills.

@Gassage, what you really need is an Arion DDS-1 and I know just where you might get one ;)

only had my El Cap v2 a couple of days but v much agree...lovely simple tape delay, perfect

I need something that covers digital delay too....the Providence would be the keeper of the lot.

I could keep the Skreddy and Prov

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Man, I absolutely love the Timeline but as you say it's not for you. It's so customisable could you not tweak it to exactly or perhaps nearly what you want and save some guitars?
    Deijavoo said:
    Man, I absolutely love the Timeline but as you say it's not for you. It's so customisable could you not tweak it to exactly or perhaps nearly what you want and save some guitars?
    It's the horrible processed sound it puts on the signal, even when bypassed.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9543
    edited September 2014
    Gassage said:
    Deijavoo said:
    It's the horrible processed sound it puts on the signal, even when bypassed.

you know mate, I sold my TL but I have to be honest, I never heard any impact on my core sound or any processed sound. Have you had the 'new' providence yet ?

Still, as many of you will know, Ive had a long delay journey... The winners for me have been the MF104, EQD Disaster Transport SR, EQD Dispatch Master, Skreddy Echo and El Cap.

• Have you tried mucking about with the Toneprints and the editor for the Alter Ego? I'd say you've probably got your best chance at finding the sound in your head in there. If you've got a Flashback or Alter Ego already, it won't cost you anything but time to find out.
    <space for hire>
  • It must do something nothing else does - and if that's what you must have, and it's more important than three extra guitars, then do it!

You won't lose money on it, either :)